Yearly Archives: 2006
2007… Seven is a great number, it brings success… Whoever you are, the reader of this post, I wish you success in the new year.
2007… All troubles stayed in the old year, all sorrows… No pain anymore, but happiness instead… Whoever you are, the reader of this post, I wish you happiness in the new year.
2007… Just believe that your dreams will come true. Just believe in love, and it will be with you the whole year. Whoever you are, the reader … Continue Reading
Just wanted to update people who are waiting for the release of the Aspose.Words RTF importing module. As I recently posted in the support forums, currently it is ready at 70-80%. Almost all document nodes are imported very well, only shapes are not implemented yet. So I need a couple of weeks more to implement them and make sure the whole bunch of unit tests is passing. Hence January 2007 is the date of the final release.
It’s a pity I didn’t manage to finish … Continue Reading
In this hotfix:
Main bugs fixed:
1) A License bug has been fixed.
2) A bug in method Concatenate() of Class PdfFileEditor has been fixed.
3) Displaying in wrong position bug in Stamp.SetOrigin is fixed. Please refer to:
Features added or improved:
1) Added new method PdfFileEditor.makeNUp() which allow user to concatenate multi Pdf files or streams in sidewise or lengthwise. Please refer to:
… Continue Reading
- Fixed: Reading TextHolders. In some cases Aspose.Slides couldn’t read text inside TextHolder.
We went with friends for a bit of surfing at Piha a week ago. It is a great place, not only for surfing, just a great place. A few more friends joined us later on and we went for a walk to see the rocks and waves. Two of them went pretty close to the waves, dangerous stuff.
There are always reports of fishermen being swept to the sea from those rocks. But they went anyway. I was filming two fishermen … Continue Reading
Last release in 2006 here! Includes some useful new features and fixes.
- 1372 – Import of HR elements from HTML.
- 1413 – Export of horizontal rule shapes to HR elements in HTML.
- 1407 – Support import of row height and padding from HTML.
- 1401 – Attributes currently supported for <SPAN> should also be supported for <FONT> elements.
Fixes to DOC reader (all are improved resiliency for loading invalid documents actually):
- 1388 – A document throws ‘Table seem to be badly formed’
I’m happy to announce that we have now got a dedicated technical writer to work on the Aspose.Words documentation.
The existing documentation for Aspose.Words includes:
All of the above documentation was created by developers of Aspose.Words. Although we tried out best, and we are proud of what we’ve done, the documentation needs to be more thorough and more user friendly. Also, we really prefer spending more time coding new features, ratther than writing.
Just for … Continue Reading
- Fixed: Tiny size of OLE objects on cloned slide after updating object.
- Fixed: Removed Russian characters in the template files so it doesn’t appear on presentations or slides created from scratch anymore.
- Fixed: Read/write/clone slides (probably with support of right-to-left writing).
No doubt, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 is not merely a “tool” for development. It’s rather a powerful environment that includes everything we need for efficient and successful work. Unfortunately, it’s an established fact that the first release of the environment proved to be too raw. There are quite many bugs for a product of that class, and some of them are pretty annoying.
Guys from Microsoft do realize this as well and finally, they decided to relieve us from most … Continue Reading