This is to confirm that Aspose.Words for .NET 4.0.0 Final is released.
Important New Features
- Full support for drawing objects and textboxes in documents.
- New public API for drawing objects in the Aspose.Words.Drawing namespace.
- High-Fidelity export to Rich Text Format 1.8 (RTF).
- High-Fidelity export to WordprocessingML (WordML).
- Export to XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- Improved HTML import.
- Separate Aspose.Words assemblies provided for .NET 1.x and .NET 2.0.
- Updated demo projects to showcase export to new formats.
This Final version replaces the previously released Aspose.Words for .NET 4.0.0 Beta.
What’s New Since Beta
- Performance optimized RTF and WordML exports.
- Added documentation and examples for the Aspose.Words.Drawing namespace.
- Added new class NodeImporter for efficient repeated import of fragments from one document to another.
- Added ability for users to programmatically detect tracking changes.
- Export endnotes and footnotes into HTML.
- Export form fields to PDF as form fields.
- Made it easy to insert linked images.
Fixes Since Beta
- 1164 – Save images to model during mail merge directly where possible.
- 1188 – When an inline shape has hyperlink attributes, it should write a HYPERLINK field.
- 1221 – Textboxes are misplaced during Word2Pdf conversion.
- 1246 – Document opens with ‘stylesheet is empty’ exception.
- 1268 – Graphics causes problems in a multithreaded environment.
- 1278 – When Aspose component uses another Aspose component for demos, put it somewhere else, not in main Bin.
- 1279 – OLE Controls not exported to WML properly.
- 1281 – Doc2Pdf: Regression from 3.7.1 to 4.0.0.
- 1286 – A crossed-out box appear in Word 97 in RTF files.
- 1297 – Limit the size of the document in evaluation mode.
- 1298 – Saving file to HTML format crashes with nasty unhandled error.
- 1299 – Public property FormField.ParentParagraph is obfuscated.
For a list of what’s been fixed since Aspose.Words 3.7.1 to Aspose.Words 4.0.0 Beta, see the post about Aspose.Words for .NET 4.0.0 Beta.