This is to confirm that Aspose.Words for .NET 4.0.0 Final is released.
Important New Features
Full support for drawing objects and textboxes in documents.
New public API for drawing objects in the Aspose.Words.Drawing namespace.
High-Fidelity export to Rich Text Format 1.8 (RTF).
High-Fidelity export to WordprocessingML (WordML).
Export to XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
Improved HTML import.
Separate Aspose.Words assemblies provided for .NET 1.x and .NET 2.0.
Updated demo projects to showcase export to new formats.
This Final version replaces the previously released Aspose.Words for .NET 4.0.0 Beta.
What’s New Since Beta
- Performance optimized RTF and WordML exports.
- Added documentation and examples for the Aspose.Words.Drawing namespace.
- Added new class NodeImporter for efficient repeated import of fragments from one document to another.
- Added ability for users to programmatically detect tracking changes.
- Export endnotes and footnotes into HTML.
- Export form fields to PDF as form fields.
- Made it easy to insert linked images.
Fixes Since Beta
- 1164 - Save images to model during mail merge directly where possible.
- 1188 - When an inline shape has hyperlink attributes, it should write a HYPERLINK field.
- 1221 - Textboxes are misplaced during Word2Pdf conversion.
- 1246 - Document opens with ‘stylesheet is empty’ exception.
- 1268 - Graphics causes problems in a multithreaded environment.
- 1278 - When Aspose component uses another Aspose component for demos, put it somewhere else, not in main Bin.
- 1279 - OLE Controls not exported to WML properly.
- 1281 - Doc2Pdf: Regression from 3.7.1 to 4.0.0.
- 1286 - A crossed-out box appear in Word 97 in RTF files.
- 1297 - Limit the size of the document in evaluation mode.
- 1298 - Saving file to HTML format crashes with nasty unhandled error.
- 1299 - Public property FormField.ParentParagraph is obfuscated.
For a list of what’s been fixed since Aspose.Words 3.7.1 to Aspose.Words 4.0.0 Beta, see the post about Aspose.Words for .NET 4.0.0 Beta.