It is about this time of year in 2003 we started work on Aspose.Words.
Aspose.Word 1.0 was released in December 2003. Now, after 3 years of hard work, we’ve just released Aspose.Words 4.0.0 for .NET.
Here are some statistics from the Aspose.Words project:
- 205K lines of C# code.
- Over 170 public members in the API.
- 1,110 classes in total.
- Over 2,450 unit tests.
- Approximately 2,200 documents for automatic regression tests.
- 2,888 threads and 12,466 posts in the support forums.
Aspose.Words has come a long way. From a minimalistic reader/writer for Microsoft Word documents, it has grown to provide:
- Comprehensive support (we estimate over 95%) for the features of Microsoft Word documents including shapes, graphics and OLE objects.
- Reliably read and write Microsoft Word 97 to Microsoft Word 2007 DOC files.
- High-fidelity convert to RTF and WordprocessingML.
- Read and write HTML and XHTML.
- Convert documents to PDF (when used with Aspose.Pdf) with a great degree of fidelity to Microsoft Word.
- Populate documents with data from various data sources.
- Add document content and formatting easily, using a “builder” like approach.
- Programmatically access individual elements of the document and their formatting.
- A Java version of Aspose.Words that is closely ported after the C# version.
I would like to thank everybody who helped Aspose.Words to succeed:
- Customers, who provided invaluable feedback in the support forums and helped us to gather a great database of test documents.
- Aspose.Words developers and support who worked very hard and smart.
- All other teams at Aspose who provided help and resources.
Looking forward for more exciting features from the Aspose.Words team.
Tip: Did you know that when you purchase a license from Aspose, you actually buy a 1-year subscription that includes free upgrades to any new versions for 1 year. With Aspose products, it is always a good idea to upgrade whenever possible because we are very active at development. It is a good chance that your subscription has not yet expired and you can get Aspose.Words 4.0.0 for free.