We have finally added code examples to the Aspose.Words for Java API Reference.
Check it out, here is a page for the Body class http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Words/Api/index.html?url=com/aspose/words/Body.html
And of course I cannot resist not to tell you how cool our system for documentation generation is.
- Code examples are initially written in C# and arranged as unit tests in a class library.
- We compile and run the examples project to make sure all works and passes (you don’t see the actual unit testing asserts in the final cut out).
- We tag the code in examples with special comments, such as //ExStart, //ExEnd, //ExFor:class.member, //ExSummary:text etc.
- We use a C# to VB.NET converter (in fact, this one http://www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com/) to create a VB.NET copy of the examples.
- Then, we closely port C# examples to Java. This is possible because Aspose.Words for .NET and Java APIs are virtually the same.
- Finally, we use our own tools that cut example code according to the //ExStart etc tags and inject them into the IntelliSense XML documentation in the appropriate places. The XML file with examples is fed into Aspose.NDoc that produces HTML and CHM documentation.