Monthly Archives: November 2007
We are happy to announce that we have just published a FAQ for our unique product Aspose.Words for Reporting Services. The FAQ contains answers to some technical questions frequently asked by our customers and those who evaluate the product. Please refer to it before posting your inquiry in the support forum; probably you will find a solution for your issue and get some explanation of its cause.
The FAQ is available at
We keep improving rendering RDL reports to fully editable Microsoft Word documents. This release is another stage of this continuous process. The release includes a number of fixes applied while testing existing customer reports, therefore not registered in our defect database. So there are no defect numbers to list this time. Simply download the program and try it, and please report anything that you think should be fixed or improved.
- Exposed the OverlapResolutionMethod configuration option.
- Fixed a number of bugs and issues noticed
For information about what’s fixed and to download, please see http://www.aspose.com/Community/Files/51/aspose.words/entry103596.aspx
Sydney, Australia – November, 19th 2007 – Aspose is pleased to announce the release of their third major product suite, Aspose.Total for Reporting Services. The “Aspose.Total for Reporting Services” suite is comprised of five different rendering extensions which extend SQL Reporting, allowing reports to be exported to a variety of new formats.
Since their inception in 2002, Aspose’s core focus has centered on file management. Their new line of products for SQL Reporting Services … Continue Reading
We’ve releases Aspose.Network for .NET v220.127.116.11.
- 4048 – Adds Unix-To-Unix (uuencod) decoding supports for parsing attachments for eml files.
- Adds new samples for Aspose.Network.Outlook.
- 4049 – ImapClient.AppendMessage function cannot return UID properly.
- 4050 – ImapClient.ListMessage throws exceptions for invalid email addresses.
How to download
We have released Aspose.Cells for Java V1.9.1!
- Supports to export to and import from Excel2007xlsx file.
- Supports to sort datas of the range.
- Supports to be used with PHP.
- Supports to set the scale and unit of Time Scale Category axis.
- Fixed a bug of calculating formulas
- Fixed a bug of formating number.
- Fixed a bug of adding picture.
- Fixed a bug of saving file.
Recently we have implemented a very important feature requested by many users, export of RDL reports to fully editable (flow layout) documents. The flow layout mode, which is now default for Aspose.Words for Reporting Services, brings a number of noticeable benefits such as:
- No textboxes anymore. Text is exported to regular paragraphs with real paragraph breaks.
- No floating objects, inline objects only. This means that when the document is edited, its contents move accordingly to the changes being applied, whereas
This hotfix release contains a critical update for the MSI installer related to installing the product on the Visual Studio 2005 Report Designer. Please upgrade if you have the installation process interrupted with an unexpected error “Could not properly install or configure Aspose.Words for Reporting Services…”
- MSI installer stops the process with an error when installing on Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services.
- Memory and speed optimization of ppt files reading/writing.
- New optimized tables engine.
- Possibility to read file name of OLE1 objects.
- Shape.addTextFrame method returns created TextFrame now.
- Slide.addNotes returns created Notes object.
- If slide notes exist but don’t have paragraphs then one empty default paragraph will be inserted automatically on presentation writing.
- Presentation.deleteHandout() method.
- Shape.hasExternalData() method to determine if shape has some hidden data (in case shape is not recognised as OleObjectFrame, AudioFrame etc.)
- Improved text rendering on slides.
- 3984 – Compiled action script with method calls didn’t work in 1.5.0 – 1.5.5 versions.
… Continue Reading