Aspose.Network for .NET v220.127.116.11 has been released. Aspose.Network is a complete solution for network programming on .NET frameworks.
This version is a major release, including SSL support for IMAP and POP3, bug fixes and many other improvements.
- SSL on POP3 Protocol.
- Implicit / Explicit security mode for SSL POP3
- SSL on IMAP Protocol
- Implicit / Explicit security mode for SSL IMAP
- Updated Help document and code samples.
Aspose.Network now supports using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt the connection (POP3/IMAP). With a few lines of code you can easily access your gmail account with Aspose.Network. Following is the sample to connect to your gmail account in C# using Aspose.Network.ImapClient.
//create imap client with specified server, username and password.
ImapClient client = new ImapClient(“imap.gmail.com”, 993, “firstname.lastname@example.org“, “password”);
client.EnableSsl = true;
client.SecurityMode = ImapSslSecurityMode.Implicit;
//connect and login to the imap server
//select the inbox as the current working folder
//save the message
- NETWORK-4331 MailMessage.Save will throw exceptions for some outlook message files.
- NETWORK-4332 MailMessage.Load will crash for invalid email address contained in the Outlook message files, like ‘;’.
- NETWORK-4333 EmailVerify cannot reuse socket.
- NETWORK-4334 SmtpClient need to use DNS lookup to identify the host name.
- NETWORK-4335 EmailVerify need to cache the MX records properly for performance.