A leading creator, publisher, and distributor of video games, Ubisoft has grown considerably over the past two decades as a result of our strategy centered on the creation of strong brands, in-house development, and a vast global distribution network. This has allowed us to not only produce innovative, high-quality titles but also acquire an in-depth knowledge of our consumers and their expectations.
To sustain our company growth in such a competitive market, we implement a new common e-recruitment tool across sites and aim to improve our recruitment practices among our existing HRMS systems and tools.
Ubisoft HRIS strongly relies on Microsoft technologies (.NET Framework, IIS web application server, etc.). The implemented solution should be based on third party components supporting this technology, easy to use, and flexible enough to meet Ubisoft subsidiaries’ diverse business needs and recruitment volumes.
Our web-based HR applications should be secure (to ensure data integrity and confidentiality), scalable and support globalization/localization (a wide scope of languages are used among the company). Our high expectations tend to improve efficiency, reduce maintenance costs, and ensure that Ubisoft technology is not only stable but is on the cutting edge.
The use cases identified during our analysis require a component that allows :
- To manage Excel Spreadsheets (reports generation in various formats .xls, .xlsx, .csv, …) and to handle Excel features like advanced formatting, charts, pivot tables
- To generate Pdf documents
- To manipulate Word documents (creation, parsing, etc.)
Finally, this should be a stand-alone component not requiring any software (such as Microsoft Office) to be installed on the system hosting our applications.
After evaluating and benchmarking various solutions Ubisoft came to the conclusion that the best choice was Aspose.Total for .NET.
Aspose.Total for .NET includes a wide set of components that allow us to manipulate Excel, Word and Pdf documents and fulfill all our business needs.
The quality of the documentation including tutorials, articles, and API References allowed us to easily and efficiently implement our solution.
There is an impressive list of benefits using Aspose.Total for .NET :
- Extensive features accessible through a rich set of APIs
- Well established company with a huge number of customers allowing a living community
- Aspose.Total for .NET also includes other components for Flash and Network applications that will certainly be useful for Ubisoft in near future
- Flexible licensing model based on the number of physical locations. For Ubisoft, it’s really interesting as we use load balancing in our farm of application servers
- High performance and very stable product
- Free and very high-quality support
- Free upgrades and new releases for one year
We purchased Aspose.Total for .NET and now use its various components in our applications. The overall end-user satisfaction is tremendous and Ubisoft IT teams are able to deliver high quality and powerful solutions. Thanks to Aspose.Total for .NET products suite.
Overall dedication of Aspose is really great; the support and development teams are focused on their customer needs and quickly respond to any questions or issues.
Aspose.Words for .NET and Aspose.PDF for .NET allow manipulation of PDF and Word documents. In the two screenshots below, we used them to parse resumes of candidates in various file formats and languages.
Using Aspose.Cells for .NET, we were able to generate Excel 2007 files quickly and efficiently.