Wishing you all a great new 2012
Welcome to 2012! December and January are months for reflection and like many other companies, we have spent some time looking back at the year that past and thinking about what we want to achieve in the year ahead. 2011 was a good year for Aspose. We released five new products. We improved our existing products in more ways that you can easily count. Our users helped us win community awards. To give back to the community, we supported user groups and conferences. Our all new Consulting services gave us some really interesting projects. We even reached 10,000 customers. In 2012, we want to keep this momentum and continue to deliver services and products that our users really need. Watch this space.
Thank you for reading.
Danny Cooper, Aspose Texas Team Leader
Product Spotlight – Aspose.OCR for .NET
Aspose.OCR for .NET is a character recognition component that allows developers to add OCR functionality to their ASP.NET applications. It provides a simple set of classes for controlling character recognition. Download Aspose.OCR and start a trial.
Technical Article – Applying protection to a presentation with Aspose.Slides for .NET
Aspose provides security features beyond those offered by Microsoft PowerPoint. One of the things that we let you do is lock shapes and groups in the document so that they cannot be edited. You can then distribute the presentation in the knowledge that no one can manipulate it. Read the technical article.
Tutorial Video – Importing data from a database with Aspose.Cells for Java
Spreadsheets are great for working with and presenting data. But how do you get the data in there in the first place? Learn how to read data from a MDB file using JDBC-ODBC and import it into a worksheet using Aspose.Cells for Java. Watch the tutorial.
Migration Tip – Joining documents with Aspose.Words for .NET
This migration tip compares how to join documents into a new document using Microsoft Automation and Aspose.Words for .NET. Aspose.Words offers two great benefits over Microsoft Automation: it is stable and works independently of Microsoft Word. Read the migration tip.
New Releases and Updates
- Aspose.Total for .NET – a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.0.3 – a hotfix that improves performance and adds three new features.
- Aspose.Words for .NET – our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.5.0 – allows you to set page background colour and attach MP3 files to a PDF, along with other improvements.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.7.0 – allows you to recognize presentations with signatures and add chart and other shapes to placeholders.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 4.4.1 – hotfix that fixes a couple of platform specific issues.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 1.7.0 – supports shape shadows and introduces a number of fixes.
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET 1.2.0 – adds support for creating and opening indexed PSD.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 1.2.0 – adds printing support for message, access to default folders and several other features and fixes.
- Aspose.Total for Java – a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 7.0.3 – adds support for LightCellsDataProvider and a number of other features and fixes.
- Aspose.Words for Java – our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java 4.0.1 – hotfix that improves text replacement performance.
- Aspose.BarCode for Java 4.4.0 – now in line with Aspose.BarCode for .NET.
- Aspose.Metafiles for Java 1.7.1 – hotfix that improves text replacement performance.
- Aspose.Email for Java 1.1.0 – allows you to create PST files, work with MHT headers more easily and adds a number of fixes.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Cells for SharePoint 2.02 – improved shape rendering.
- Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint 1.1.0 – allows SharePoint users to export Wiki pages and more to PDF.
- Aspose.Total for SSRS – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Words for SSRS 3.4.0 – adds support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services and other fixes and features.
- Aspose.Slides for SSRS 4.0.0 – improves performance and adds another few fixes.
- Aspose.BarCode for SSRS 4.4.1 – improves performance and adds another few fixes.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports – a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
Too busy to evaluate?
If you are too busy to evaluate our products, take the shortcut of a good conversation with our sales team. They are here to answer your questions, no matter how detailed. Contact sales today.