Aspose.Words for Android is a Word processing API that allows you to create, edit, parse and convert Word documents in Android apps. It is a Word manipulation component for Android developers, which supports performing a wide range of document processing tasks with any Microsoft Word formats. Aspose.Words for Android is a new product but at its core is already backed by more than half a million lines of code from its parent component, Aspose.Words for Java, from which it is automatically ported from.
Aspose.Words components are proven in their field for high fidelity conversions, rich API and ease of use when working with Word formats to perform tasks such as loading, converting and manipulating Word documents. Aspose.Words for Android and has been introduced to meet the growing need of quality document conversion and management tools for mobile development.
Supported Features and Formats
With Aspose.Words for Android, you can easily generate, modify, convert and render a great number of Microsoft Word and other formats and convert a loaded document in one format to any other supported format.
Formats Supported on Load and Save
Formats Supported on Save
With Aspose.Words for Android you can also perform many document processing and reporting tasks, such as:
- Copy and move document elements between documents.
- Join and split documents.
- Get and set built-in and custom document properties.
- Specify document protection, open protected and encrypted documents.
- Find and replace text, enumerate over document content.
- Accept all revisions in a document.
- Insert HTML text.
- Use all standard Microsoft Word mail merge fields in your reports including MERGEFIELD, NEXT, NEXTIF, ADDRESSBLOCK, GREETINGLINE.
- Execute mail merge for documents that contain even the most complex and nested IF fields and formulas.
- Populate and dynamically grow tables or fragments in the document from your data source using mail merge regions.
- Easily generate reports that contain master-detail (parent-child) data such as Order/Order details.
- And many more….
How to Use Aspose.Words for Android
Aspose.Words for Android library comes as a JAR file which is ready to be included in any Android application. All dependences are included so there is no need to go hunting for any other libraries or files.
Simply add Aspose.Words for Android to your application’s build path, import the com.aspose.words package and start coding. With the vast range of articles and code examples at your fingertips it’s easy to get started and you will find the detailed API empowers you to quickly enrich your applications with high performance document processing.
Your First App with Aspose.Words for Android
To get started follow our helpful tutorial in the documentation which provides a step-by-step walk through of how to setup a new Android application using Eclipse with the Android Developer Tools bundle and incorporate Aspose.Words for Android in a simple app.
With just a few lines of code you can create a new document and save it to any of the numerous supported formats.
The code above for a simple Android application produces the following Word document (as viewed using Microsoft Word on a desktop machine).
Refer to the following pages for further information on Aspose.Words for Android.
- Product Home: Aspose.Words for Android
- Download: Download Aspose.Words for Android
- Documentation and Examples: Aspose.Words for Android Documentation
- Forum: Aspose.Words for Android Forum
As always we value our customer feedback, if you have anything to ask us to let us know on our dedicated forum.