Aspose for Java
Aspose facilitates the Java developers with Aspose.Total which includes following easy to use, efficient and separately downloadable components:
- Aspose.Cells to deal with Microsoft Excel® and OpenOffice spreadsheets.
- Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word and OpenOffice documents.
- Aspose.Slides for Microsoft PowerPoint and OpenOffice presentation files.
- Aspose.Pdf to create and manipulate PDF documents.
- Aspose.BarCode for generation and recognition of barcodes.
- Aspose.Tasks to deal with Microsoft Project®.
- Aspose.Email to read and write email messages in various formats without Microsoft Outlook.
- Aspose.OCR for optical character and marker recognition.
- Aspose.Imaging to create, edit, draw and convert images.
The Apache POI Project’s mission is to create and maintain Java APIs for manipulating various file formats based upon the Office Open XML standards (OOXML) and Microsoft’s OLE 2 Compound Document format (OLE2).
You can read and write Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint files using Java. For each Microsoft Office application there exists a component module that attempts to provide a common high level Java API to both OLE2 and OOXML document formats.
- This is most developed for Excel workbooks (SS=HSSF+XSSF).
- Work is progressing for Word documents (HWPF+XWPF) and PowerPoint presentations (HSLF+XSLF).
Aspose for Apache POI
Project Aspose for Apache POI shows how different functionalities can be achieved using Aspose Java APIs in comparison with Apache POI. Examples with their source codes are hosted on CodePlex, GitHub, Bitbucket and SourceForge.
- Aspose.Cells vs Apache POI HSSF + XSSF
- Aspose.Slides vs Apache POI HSLF + XSLF
- Aspose.Words vs Apache POI HWPF + XWPF
- Aspose.Email vs Apache POI HSMF
Aspose has many more features than Apache POI to fulfill developer requirements. To highlight some of these features, following are few examples of each module.
- Missing Features of Apachi POI SS available in Aspose.Cells
- Missing Features of Apachi POI SL available in Aspose.Slides
- Missing Features of Apachi POI WP available in Aspose.Words
- Missing Features of Apache POI HSMF available in Aspose.Email
These examples are helpful for developers who want to compare Apache POI with Aspose or migrate from Apache POI to Aspose.
- Many more examples are available at Aspose Docs. Keep visiting us.
- Raise your queries and suggest more examples via interactive forums or any of our supported social coding sites.
Learn more about Aspose.