Aspose DNN PDF Import Module allows developers to get/read contents of PDF document without requiring any other software such as Adobe Acrobat or PDF reader. This module demonstrates the powerful import feature provided by Aspose.Pdf. It adds a simple file browser control and an Import from PDF button on the page that the module is added to. When clicking the button, users get the document contents displayed on screen immediately.
Installing the Aspose DNN PDF Import Module
You can download the Aspose DNN PDF Import module from one of the following locations:
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the module to your DNN website:
- Log into your site as either Host or another Supersuser level account.
- Navigate to the Host menu and select Extensions.
- Click on Install Extension Wizard.
- As directed, browse to the location of the downloaded ZIP file, select it then click Open.
- Click Next, accept the license, continue through the install.
- When finished, click Return.
Please check this module installation video from DNN for more details.
Note: If you get an error while uploading the module this is due to the maxRequestLength limit in your DNN installation’s web.config. Open web.config and update maxRequestLength to 20MB by setting maxRequestLength=”20480″ and try to upload the module again.
Using Aspose DNN PDF Import Module
After you have installed Aspose DNN PDF Import module it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Make sure you are logged-in to DNN as a Host or Admin level account.
- Navigate to the page where you want to add the Import Module.
- Select Modules followed by Add New Module from the top ribbon.
- From the list select, Aspose DNN PDF Import and drag it to a place of your choice on the page.
You have successfully added Aspose DNN PDF Import Module to your page. A file browse and a button titled Import from PDF will now appear on the page. Anyone can simply select a PDF file and click on Import from PDF button to list the content of the selected document on the page.
Please check the video below to see it in action.