Aspose .NET PDF Import for DNN Module allows developers to get/read contents of PDF document without requiring any other software such as Adobe Acrobat or PDF reader. This module demonstrates the powerful import feature provided by Aspose.Pdf. It adds a simple file browser control, Content Pane selection and Import from PDF button on the page where the module is added. When clicking on the button, the document contents are displayed on the screen immediately.
Based on customer feedback we have added Content Pane import feature in this release. Now the imported content can be displayed in any selected pane on the page.
Your feedback is very important to us. The new features in this module are entirely added based on user requirements and suggestions. Please feel free to provide your feedback and raise feature requirements and we will always be keen to implement customer driven features since we are a 100% customer driven company.
In order to setup Aspose .NET PDF Import for DNN module you need to have the following requirements met:
- DNN 7.0 +
Please feel free to contact us at if you wish to install this module on an older versions of DNN.
Installing the Aspose .NET PDF Import for DNN Module
You can download Aspose .NET PDF Import for DNN module from one of the following locations
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the module into your DNN website:
- Log into your site as either Host or another Supersuser level account.
- Navigate to the Host menu and select Extensions.
- Click on Install Extension Wizard.
- As directed browse to the location of the downloaded zip file, select it then click Open.
- Click Next, accept the license, continue through the install. When finished click on the Return button.
Please check this module installation video from DNN for more details
Note: If you get an error while uploading the module this is due to the maxRequestLength limit in your DNN installation’s web.config. Open web.config and update maxRequestLength to 20MB by setting maxRequestLength=”20480″ and try to upload the module again.
Using Aspose .NET PDF Import for DNN Module
After you have installed Aspose .NET PDF Import for DNN module it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Make sure you are logged-in to DNN as Host or Admin level account
- Navigate to the page where you want to add the Import module
- Select Modules -> Add New Module from the top Ribbon
- From the list select Aspose .NET PDF Import for DNN and drag it to a place of your choice on the page.
You have successfully added Aspose .NET PDF Import for DNN module to your page. A file browse and a button titled Import from PDF will now appear on the page along with Content Pane selection dropdown. Anyone can simply select a PDF file and click on Import from PDF button to list the content of the selected document on the page.
Please check this video to see it in action.