Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for Umbraco is an open source module from Aspose that links your Umbraco users/members to Google or Gmail contacts without requiring any other software. It uses the powerful features of Aspose.Email for .NET to allow you to easily sync your Gmail contacts and Umbraco users/members.
This initial version of the module is enriched with the following features to make the sync process effective, simple and easy to use.
- Google/Gmail server credentials are encrypted and saved in the database so that you don’t have to enter them every time you use the module.
- Sync all or selected Gmail contacts to Umbraco and vice versa.
- Option to select one or more Umbraco user/member type when performing Gmail to Umbraco sync.
- Existence of every contact/user in the destination system is checked before migration to make sure that the sync does not create duplicate records.
- The contacts migrated to Gmail are put in Other Contacts group so that you can verify and move only required ones to My Contacts.
- A brief summary of the sync process is shown upon completion.
In order to setup Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for Umbraco module you need to have the following requirements met:
- Umbraco 6.0 +
Please feel free to contact us if you wish to install this module on an older version of Umbraco.
Installing the Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for Umbraco Module
You can download the Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for Umbraco module from one of the following locations:
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the module to your Umbraco website:
- Log in to the Umbraco Developer section, for example http://www.myblog.com/umbraco/
- From the tree, expand the Packages folder.
- From here there are two ways to install a package: select Install local package or browse the Umbraco Package Respository.
- If you install local package, do not unzip the package but load the zip into Umbraco.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
Using Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for Umbraco Module
After you have installed Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for Umbraco module it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Make sure you are logged in to the Umbraco Developer section, for example http://www.myblog.com/umbraco/
- Click Settings in the list of sections in the bottom left of the screen.
- Expand the Templates node and select the template that you want to add the Gmail Sync feature to, for example Textpage.
- Select the position in the selected template where you want to export button to be added. Usually you may want to add it to the top right of the page, or the bottom of the page.
- Click Insert Macro on the top ribbon.
- From Choose a macro, select the recently installed Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for Umbraco macro and click OK.
Please check the screenshot below for details.
- Gmail to Umbraco Sync
- Umbraco to Gmail Sync
- Gmail Server Settings
You will asked to enter Gmail Server details when clicking on any option for the first time. A simple form takes all the required details to connect to your Gmail account and then these details will be encrypted and saved in the database for later use.
Note: You can get Client ID and Client Secret of your Google account using the steps explained on http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/emailnet/Create+project+in+Google+Developer+Console
Once the sync process is completed, a brief summary of migrated records count and list of records that already existed and are not imported is shown.
Your feedback is very important to us. Please feel free to provide your feedback and raise feature requirements and we will always be keen to implement customer driven features since we are a 100% customer driven company.
Please check this video to see it in action.