[![Aspose.Email for .NET] that links your Sitefinity users to Google/Gmail contacts without requiring any other software. It uses powerful features of [Aspose.Email for .NET] to allow you to easily sync your Google contacts and Sitefinity users.
This initial version of the module is enriched with the following features to make the sync process effective, simple and easy to use.
- Google/Gmail server credentials are encrypted and saved in the database so that you don’t have to enter them every time you use the module.
- Sync all or selected Gmail contacts to Google and vice versa.
- Option to select one or more Sitefinity user when performing Google/Gmail to Sitefinity sync.
- Existence of every contact/user in the destination system is checked before migration to make sure that the sync does not create duplicate records.
- The contacts migrated to Google/Gmail are put in Other Contacts group so that you can verify and move only required ones to My Contacts.
- A brief summary of the sync process is shown upon completion.
[caption id=“attachment_19628” align=“aligncenter” width=“300” caption=“Aspose .NET Google Sync for Sitefinity”] [/caption] [caption id=“attachment_19629” align=“aligncenter” width=“300” caption=“Google to Sitefinity Sync”] [/caption] [caption id=“attachment_19630” align=“aligncenter” width=“300” caption=“Sitefinity to Google Sync”][/caption]
In order to setup Aspose .NET Google Sync for Sitefinity add-on you need to have the following requirements met:
- Sitefinity CMS running on ASP.NET 4.0
Please feel free to contact us if you have any issues setting up this Sitefinity Add-on.
Installing and Configuring the Aspose .NET Google Sync for Sitefinity Add-on
You can download the Aspose .NET Google Sync for Sitefinity add-on from one of the following locations:
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the Add-on into your Sitefinity website:
Step 1: Copy files to your Sitefinity installation
Please extract the downloaded ZIP file. You will need FTP or direct access to the Sitefinity installation folder on the server to perform the following:
- Copy Aspose.Email.dll and Aspose.SiteFinity.GoogleSync.dll into the bin folder of the Sitefinity installation.
- Copy the Addons folder on the root of the Sitefinity installation where the bin folder is located.
Step 2: Register the Aspose .NET Google Sync for Sitefinity add-on in Sitefinity
- Log into your Sitefinity CMS with an ‘Administrator’ account. The login page can be reached by http://www.mywebsite.com/sitefinity
- Click Administration and then Settings.
The Basic Settings page appears.
- **Click the Advanced link.
**The Settings page appears.
- In the left pane, click Toolboxes followed by Toolboxes, then PageControls, Sections and ContentToolboxSection, then Tools.
- Click Create new.
The widget registration form appears.
- Fill the form fields as follows:
- Make sure Enabled is selected.
- Add ~/Addons/AsposeGoogleSync/AsposeGoogleSync.ascx in the Control CLR Type or Virtual Path field.
- Add Name, Title and Description as follows:
Aspose Google Sync
Sync Sitefinity Users with Google Contacts using Aspose .NET Google Sync for Sitefinity
- You may leave all other fields as they are.
- When finished, click Save changes.
The widget is registered in the toolbox and can be used in Sitefinity. The settings are also shown in the picture below
Using the Aspose .NET Google Sync for Sitefinity Add-on
After you have installed and configured the Aspose .NET Google Sync for Sitefinity add-on it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started:
- Make sure you are logged-in to Sitefinity with an Administrator level account.
- Navigate to the page where you want to add the Google Sync add-on. Make sure the page is opened in edit mode.
- From the Drag Widgets menu on the right, select Aspose Google Sync and drag it into position.
You have successfully installed and added Aspose .NET Google Sync for Sitefinity Module to your page. You will be presented with three simple options to get started
- Google to Sitefinity Sync
- Sitefinity to Google Sync
- Google Settings
You will asked to enter Google Server details when clicking on any option for the first time. A simple form takes all the required details to connect to your Google account and then these details will be encrypted and saved in the database for later use.
Please check [this video] to see it in action.
: https://blog.aspose.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/07/aspose-Email-for-net_100.png “aspose-Email-for-net_100”)](https://blog.aspose.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/07/aspose-Email-for-net_100.png)Sitefinity Google Sync is an open source add-on from [Aspose](http://www.aspose.com/ : https://products.aspose.com/email : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Vv4Bh84Zw