Sitefinity Word Import is an open source add-on from Aspose that allow developers to get/read contents of any Word processing document without requiring any other software such as Microsoft Word or OpenOffice. This add-on demonstrates the powerful import feature provided by Aspose.Word. It adds a simple file browser control and Import from Word button on the page where the add-on is added. When clicking on the button, the document contents are fetched from the file and displayed on the screen immediately.
In order to setup Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity add-on you need to have the following requirements met:
- Sitefinity CMS running on ASP.NET 4.0
Please feel free to contact us if you have any issues setting up this Sitefinity Add-on.
Installing and Configuring the Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity Add-on
You can download the Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity add-on from one of the following locations:
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the Add-on into your Sitefinity website:
Step 1: Copy files to your Sitefinity installation
Please extract the downloaded ZIP file. You will need FTP or direct access to the Sitefinity installation folder on the server to perform the following:
- Copy Aspose.Words.dll and Aspose.SiteFinity.WordImport.dll into the bin folder of the Sitefinity installation.
- Copy the Addons folder on the root of the Sitefinity installation where the bin folder is located.
Step 2: Register the Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity add-on in Sitefinity
- Log into your Sitefinity CMS with an ‘Administrator’ account. The login page can be reached by http://www.mywebsite.com/sitefinity
- Click Administration and then Settings.
The Basic Settings page appears.
- Click the Advanced link.
The Settings page appears.
- In the left pane, click Toolboxes followed by Toolboxes, then PageControls, Sections and ContentToolboxSection, then Tools.
- Click Create new.
The widget registration form appears.
- Fill the form fields as follows:
- Make sure Enabled is selected.
- Add ~/Addons/AsposeWordImport/AsposeWordImport.ascx in the Control CLR Type or Virtual Path field.
- Add Name, Title and Description as follows:
Aspose Word Import
Import Word Processing Documents to Sitefinity using Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity
- You may leave all other fields as they are.
- When finished, click Save changes.
The widget is registered in the toolbox and can be used in Sitefinity. The settings are also shown in the picture below
Using the Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity Add-on
After you have installed and configured the Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity add-on it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started:
- Make sure you are logged-in to Sitefinity with an Administrator level account.
- Navigate to the page where you want to add the Sitefinity Word Import add-on. Make sure the page is opened in edit mode.
- From the Drag Widgets menu on the right, select Aspose Word Import and drag it into position.
You have successfully added Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity add-on to your page. A file browse and a button titled Import from Word will now appear on the page. Anyone can simply select any Word processing document and click on Import from Word button to see the content of the selected document on the page.
Start a Free Trial Today
Start a free trial today – all you need is to sign up with Aspose. Once you have signed up, you are ready to try powerful file processing features offered by Aspose file format APIs.
Please check this video to see it in action.