Aspose has now integrated the examples of Aspose.Words for Java code and a features comparison with Apache POI WP (HWPF + XWPF) in Aspose Project Wizard for NetBeans IDE. This release shows the features that are only available in Aspose.Words API but missing in Apache POI WP SDK for dealing with word processing documents.
Aspose for Apache POI
Project Aspose for Apache POI shows how different functionalities can be achieved using Aspose Java APIs in comparison with Apache POI. In addition, Aspose has many more features than Apache POI to fulfil developer requirements. To highlight some of these enhanced features of Aspose APIs, following are few modules of examples showing features that are only available in Aspose.Words but missing in Apache POI WP (HWPF + XWPF).
- Missing Features of Apache POI SS available in Aspose.Cells
- Missing Features of Apache POI SL available in Aspose.Slides
- Missing Features of Apache POI WP available in Aspose.Words
- Missing Features of Apache POI HSMF available in Aspose.Email
After this release Aspose.Words vs Apache POI WP, Aspose.Slides vs Apache POI SL, Aspose.Cells vs Apache POI SS, Aspose.Email vs Apache POI HSMF and Missing Features of Apache POI WP in Aspose.Words are available in Aspose Project Wizard from version 2.3 and onwards.
With this integration you don’t need to manually download the Aspose Java APIs code comparison examples with Apache POI framework as they are now available through the plugin’s Aspose New Example wizard within NetBeans IDE.
How to Create the Aspose.Words Example for Missing Feature of Apache POI WP within NetBeans IDE
- Create an Aspose application using the Aspose Project wizard (detailed steps are mentioned in the previous blog post). In the wizard, select the Aspose.Words component like shown in below screenshot:
- Create new Aspose Example from New File option in NetBeans IDE (detailed steps are mentioned in the previous blog post).
- Select Aspose.Words component from the selection box.
Examples will be downloaded and will appear in tree format including Aspose.Words code comparison examples with Apache POI WP (HWPF + XWPF) as shown in below image. Select an example from tree and click Finish.
- This starts downloading of selected example dependencies, that is, the Apache POI framework library jars.
- After the dependencies has downloaded, the selected example is available in your Aspose application within respective package under Source Packages along with Apache POI framework jars.
Source Code Available
Aspose Project Wizard for NetBeans is open source and its source code is available on below mentioned major social coding websites. Developers can extend the functionality if they want or learn from it to make their own plugins.
- Aspose Java Components.
- Download Aspose Java for NetBeans Plugin in NetBeans IDE.
- How to use Aspose Java APIs and Examples on NetBeans. (NetBeans IDE 7.4/8.0)
- How to use Aspose Java APIs and Examples on NetBeans. (NetBeans IDE 7.2/7.3)
- Seamless Aspose Integration with NetBeans IDE – by NetBeans Official.(NetBeans IDE 7.4/8.0)
- Video Tutorial – Aspose Java for NetBeans v2.3 released features.
- Many More Aspose Examples.