Apose.Tasks for Java v 8.8.0 has been released. It enhances existing API features and improves the project data reading functionality. The notable improvements include capability to read additional data fields from Microsoft Project Database Server. Our documentation section, Migration from Earlier versions of the API, lists all the changes in the API that are part of this release. For any inquiry, you can write to us over Aspose.Tasks forum.
Feature Enhancements in Aspose.Tasks for Java 8.8.0
Support for Additional Data Fields from MS Project Database: With this month’s release, we have enhanced the functionality of importing project data from MS Project Database in the sense that now more data fields can be read using the API. It now supports reading a task’s extended attributes and extended attribute definitions data from the database.
As always, we have fixed a number of bugs that were affecting the API functionality. These include:
- Problems with reading and saving Primavera project files such as duplication of hyperlinks in task notes, failure in saving loaded project file and certain exceptions
- Calculation problems related to remaining work, invalid dates on link types and wrong working days
- Reading summary task information Primavera Database correctly
- Product Documentation – Provides complete information about system requirements, installation, Programmer’s Guide, Technical articles and API Changes
- API Reference Guide – Provides information about the product namespaces, classes and methods
- GitHub Examples – Ready to download and execute examples of the API