We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 9.4.0. This month’s release includes new features, enhancements and a number of bug fixes that improves the overall API’s functionality and stability. Specifically, it introduces support for reading Visual Basic Applications (VBA) reading support from Microsoft Project (MPP) files. In order to have an idea about what is new and fixed, please visit the Release Notes section of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 9.4.0.
New Features & Enhancements
Support for Reading VBA from MPP: This month’s release introduces one of the most demanding features by our clients i.e. support for working with VBA in a Project document. The API now supports reading VBA contents from the document. It can read the:
- VBA Project information
- References information from VBA
- Modules information from VBA
- Module Attributes information from VBA
For further information about the working of this new feature, please visit our documentation article, Reading VBA Information from MPP file.
Support for Calculation Type and Rollup Type fields for Extended Attributes: This month’s release also provides the capability of read/write additional extended attribute fields. These are CalculationType and RollupType that were not supported earlier. These fields can now be read as well as written to all MPP file formats using the API.
Support for Arithmetic Operators in Formula for Date Field: This month’s release also implements arithmetic operators support of date fields in formula for Extended Attributes. This includes +, -, / and * operators. This now enhances the support for addition of dates in formulae as below:
- [Date1] op [Date2] = [Date]
- [Duration] op [Date] = [Number]
- [Date] op [Number] = [Date]
- [Duration] op [Duration] = [Number]
Where op represents the +, -, * and / operator.
This month’s release also fixes a number of bugs that were reported by our valued customers with the last version of the API. This further improves the overall functionality of the API.
You may visit the following API resources for getting started and working with the API.
- Product Documentation – Detailed API documentation with code examples and details about API functional areas
- API Reference Guide – Detailed information about the API namespaces and classes
- GitHub Examples – Ready to run code samples in downloadable form
- Aspose.Tasks Forum – Our online support forum where we address your queries and inquiries