We’re pleased to announce that the new version 6.5.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API is now live. This new version gives protection to the connection points on Visio shapes so that developers might choose the sides of shapes to glue connectors for the best looking results. Developers may also convert a Visio diagram to SVG and like to see the original layout. We have made several changes to optimize the text position of shapes to make it easier for our clients. For more details please take a look at the Release Notes. Many thanks to all who gave effective feedbacks to improve the Aspose.Diagram API.
Calculate the Text Block Position of Shapes
A text block is the text area associated with a Visio shape. It is a separate part of the shape, yet it is attached to the shape. It’s like a little label that’s always hanging onto the shape. If we move the shape, the text block will move along with it. We have enhanced the way of calculating the text block position of shapes on converting VSDX diagrams to SVG. Besides this, it also maintains original layout settings of the shape’s text.
Preserve the Original Layout on Visio Export
Using Aspose.Diagram API, developers may create various types of Visio diagrams automatically. To accomplish this task, shapes can be added to a Visio page from a VSS stencil. The Visio shape may have several connection points on each side. Dynamic connectors are intended to glue to these points of the shape. We have enhanced the way of fetching shapes with all connection points from the VSS type stencils.
We auto port Aspose.Diagram for .NET to Java to give developers perfectly same features on both platforms, so this version also incorporates the bug fixes and enhancements from its equivalent .NET version. Please check a list of the resolved defects:
- Fixed: Can’t retrieve connections from VSS stencil file.
- Fixed: The position of text items is changed on converting a VSDX to SVG.
Aspose.Diagram for Java Resources
The following resources will help you work with Aspose.Diagram for Java:
- Homepage for Aspose.Diagram for Java API.
- Download Aspose.Diagram for Java.
- Aspose.Diagram for Java wiki docs - Help documentation and API reference documents.
- Aspose.Diagram product family forum - Post your technical questions, queries and any other problem you faced while running Aspose.Diagram APIs.
- Enable email subscription - Don’t limit yourself, stay up-to-date with the latest news about the Aspose.Diagram APIs and new features, fixes, plus other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.Diagram blog.
- Aspose.Diagram for Java Examples – We have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.
- Migrate from Earlier Versions of Aspose.Diagram API – We keep track of Aspose.Diagram API change version by version. So we recommend to get help from this section while upgrading to the latest API version or if Aspose.Diagram API code is broken at some stage.
We hope you’ll enjoy this new release that saves time and efforts. The API is quite simple and developers can use it in application easily.