[![Aspose.Diagram for Java logo] is now live. The new version of the API allows developers to dynamically retrieve and modify the gradient fill data of a Visio shape. Using the new featured API, developers can apply modern and vibrant looks to any Visio shape. Developers can also find an improvement to manage the group of shapes and export of VSDM drawings in Linux systems. This release also incorporates regular bug fixes and performance improvements. We recommend our clients [use the powerful Aspose for Java APIs directly in their Maven Projects with simple configurations]. For details on API fixes, please visit the product Release Notes section of this new version.
Modify the Gradient Fill Data of a Visio ShapeA gradient fill is a graphical effect that produces a three dimensional color look by blending one color into another. Multiple colors can be used, where one color gradually fades and changes to the other color. Using Aspose.Diagram API, developers can retrieve and modify the gradient fill data as per their needs. Developers can also get the gradient stops from each gradient fill to set the position, color and transparency. This help topic shows how to modify the gradient fill data of a Visio shape: Modify the Gradient of a Visio Shape
Improved Export of VSDM Drawing in Linux SystemsAspose.Diagram API has support of opening VSDM drawings, and then save back into the VSDM format. In few reported use cases, Aspose.Diagram API was not preserving VBA module as well as showing an error of incorrect code syntax. These problems were occurring in the Linux based working environments. We have enhanced the export of VSDM drawings in perspective of Linux systems. All these problems are now fixed internally in this latest version without any public API change.
Enhanced Grouping of Visio ShapesAspose.Diagram API allows developers to group shapes in the Visio drawing. It was making a single group shape from multiple ungrouped shapes. Clients were not able to use a group shape as the subshape of another group shape. We have enhanced the feature of grouping shapes. Developers can now use a group shape to make another single group shape. We auto port Aspose.Diagram for .NET to Java to give developers perfectly same features on both platforms, so this version incorporates the bug fixes and enhancements from its equivalent .NET version. Please check a list of the resolved defects:
- Fixed: VSD to PDF and HTML export - the extra white space is generated on the left side of the drawing.
- Fixed: VSD to SVG export - the background color of container turns into black.
- Fixed: The group shape becomes invisible on adding circular shapes in a VSDM.
- Fixed: Page.AddShape method shows an invalid error on adding a dynamic connector.
- Fixed: Additional Line break and distance in the shape text on exporting a VSDM to PDF.
- Fixed: The text of the shapes is not at the center position when exporting a VSDM to PDF.
- Fixed: Open and save routine of a VSDX includes an additional text.
- Fixed: A shape text is being converted to the dummy characters.
- Fixed: Improper resizing of a group shape in the output VSDM.
- Fixed: The wrong text position of shapes on saving in the PDF format.
- Fixed: The wrong font size on saving a VSDM in the PDF format.
- Fixed: The text items are being overlapped on converting a VSD pages to SVGs.
Aspose.Diagram for Java ResourcesThe following resources will help you work with Aspose.Diagram for Java:
- [Homepage for Aspose.Diagram for Java API].
- [Download Aspose.Diagram for Java].
- Aspose.Diagram for Java wiki docs - Help documentation and API reference documents.
- [Aspose.Diagram product family forum] - Post your technical questions, queries and any other problem you faced while running Aspose.Diagram APIs.
- [Enable email subscription] - Don’t limit yourself, stay up-to-date with the latest news about the Aspose.Diagram APIs and new features, fixes, plus other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.Diagram blog.
- [Aspose.Diagram for Java Examples] – We have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.
- Migrate from Earlier Versions of Aspose.Diagram API – We keep track of Aspose.Diagram API change version by version. So we recommend to get help from this section while upgrading to the latest API version or if Aspose.Diagram API code is broken at some stage.
We hope you’ll enjoy this new release that saves time and efforts. The API is quite simple and developers can use it in application easily.
: https://blog.aspose.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/02/aspose_diagram-for-java-e1401178596961.png “Aspose.Diagram for Java logo”)](https://blog.aspose.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/02/aspose_diagram-for-java.png)We’re pleased to announce that the [new version 16.12.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API](http://downloads.aspose.com/diagram/java/new-releases/aspose.diagram-for-java-16.12.0/ : https://blog.aspose.com/2014/08/12/aspose-for-maven-aspose-cloud-maven-repository/ : http://www.aspose.com/products/diagram/java : http://downloads.aspose.com/diagram/java : http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.diagram-product-family/489/showforum.aspx : https://blog.aspose.com/category/aspose-products/aspose-diagram-product-family/ : https://github.com/asposediagram/Aspose_Diagram_Java