We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Imaging for .NET 16.12. The major development in this release is support for exporting images in multi threaded environment. This release supports converting EMF metafile to WMF format. Support for DNG format has also been incorporated in this release.
Convert EMF to WMF using C#
Using Aspose.Imaging for .Net developers can convert EMF to WMF format. The below code demonstrates how EMF metafile can be converted to WMF metafile format.
Export Images in Multi-Threaded Environment
Aspose.Imaging for .Net now supports exporting images in multi threaded environment. Aspose.Imaging for .Net ensure the optimized performance of operations during execution of code in multi-threaded environment. All imaging option classes (e.g. BmpOptions, TiffOptions, JpegOptions, etc.) in the Aspose.Imaging for .Net now implement IDisposable interface. Therefore it is a must that developer properly dispose off the imaging options class object in case Source property is set. Following code snippet demonstrates the said functionality.
Aspose.Imaging now supports SyncRoot property while working in multi-threaded environment. Developer can use this property to synchronize access to the source stream. Following code snippet demonstrates how the SyncRoot property can be used.
Support for DNG Image
Aspose.Imaging for .Net now supports the DNG (Digital Negative) image format (.dng). It is a publicly available archival format for the raw files generated by digital cameras. DNG helps ensure that photographers will be able to access their files in the future. Aspose.Imaging for .Net provides the DngImage class to load DNG files and same can be used to convert the DNG to raster formats. Below provided sample code demonstrate how to convert a DNG file to JPEG format.
The following enhancements have been introduced in this release.
- Process of reading PSD layers has been improved.
- Processing of JPEG format images has been improved.
- Processing of Dicom format images has been improved.
- Functionality to convert WMF to PNG format has been improved.
- Process of rendering images in PSD file has been improved.
- processing of saving TIFF frames has been improved.
- Compatibility of image saved using Aspose.Imaging on MS Windows 8 has been improved.
- Process of reading JPEG pixels has been improved.
Please refer to the release notes of Aspose.Imaging for .NET 16.12 for a full view of improvements along with sample code snippets for newly added features. If you are planning to upgrade the API to the latest revision, we strongly suggest you check the Public API Change section to know what has been changed in the public API since your current version.
Aspose.Imaging for .NET Resources
The resources, you may need to accomplish your tasks:
- Home page for Aspose.Imaging for .NET API.
- Download Aspose.Imaging for .NET.
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET online documentation – help documentation and API reference documents.
- Aspose.Imaging Product Family Forum – post your technical questions and queries, or any other problem you are facing while working with Aspose.Imaging APIs.
- Enable blog Subscription – Do not limit yourself, you can keep yourself updated with the latest news on Aspose.Imaging APIs, new features, fixes, and other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.Imaging blog.
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET Examples – We have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.
As always we appreciate your feedback so if you ever have anything to tell us about this release or anything else, please head to the Aspose.Imaging forum for a chat.