We’re pleased to announce that the new version 17.1.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API is now live. The new version of the API allows developers to dynamically select shapes and export the Visio drawing to any other supported format. This release also covers improvements to preserve the color of shapes and manage the complete rendering of shapes on exporting the Visio drawings. This release also incorporates regular bug fixes and performance improvements. We recommend our clients use the powerful Aspose for Java APIs directly in their Maven Projects with simple configurations. For details on API fixes, please visit the product Release Notes section of this new version.
Export Selective Collection of Shapes in the Output Formats
Aspose.Diagram API has support of opening Visio drawings, and then save into any other supported output format. All the output formats are listed here: Save Visio Diagram. Using the recent version 17.1.0 or higher, developers would be able to open an existing Visio drawing, select specific collections of shapes and export drawing into the output format. In that way, they can also split complex Visio drawing into multiple sub drawings. This is useful if the diagram is very long and complex. This help topic shows how to export a Visio drawing with selective shapes: Convert Visio Drawing with Selective Shapes
We have enhanced the feature of exporting Visio drawings. We auto port Aspose.Diagram for .NET to Java to give developers perfectly same features on both platforms, so this version incorporates the bug fixes and enhancements from its equivalent .NET version. Please check a list of the resolved defects:
- Fixed: The color of shapes is not being preserved on converting a VSDX to PDF.
- Fixed: The formatting of rectangle shape is missing on converting a VSDX to PNG.
- Fixed: The shadow of shapes is not being rendered properly on converting a VSD to SVG.
- Fixed: The color of callouts and text is not being preserved on converting a VSDX to PNG.
- Fixed: A Microsoft Sharepoint Workflow shape is missing on converting a VSDX to PNG.
- Fixed: Missing text items and an overlap of a shape on converting a VSD to PDF.
- Fixed: Incomplete rendering of the dynamic connectors on converting a VSD to HTML.
- Fixed: A shape text is being converted to the dummy characters.
- Fixed: Partial rendering of the Visio shapes on converting Visio pages to SVGs.
Aspose.Diagram for Java Resources
The following resources will help you work with Aspose.Diagram for Java:
- Homepage for Aspose.Diagram for Java API.
- Download Aspose.Diagram for Java.
- Aspose.Diagram for Java wiki docs – Help documentation and API reference documents.
- Aspose.Diagram product family forum – Post your technical questions, queries and any other problem you faced while running Aspose.Diagram APIs.
- Enable email subscription – Don’t limit yourself, stay up-to-date with the latest news about the Aspose.Diagram APIs and new features, fixes, plus other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.Diagram blog.
- Aspose.Diagram for Java Examples – We have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.
- Migrate from Earlier Versions of Aspose.Diagram API – We keep track of Aspose.Diagram API change version by version. So we recommend to get help from this section while upgrading to the latest API version or if Aspose.Diagram API code is broken at some stage.
We hope you’ll enjoy this new release that saves time and efforts. The API is quite simple and developers can use it in application easily.