We are pleased to announce the availability of new version 17.2.0 of Aspose.3D for .NET API. The new version adds support of importing DirectX (.x) files. Developers can import DirectX (.x) files (ASCII and Binary) into the Aspose.3D API, and then export them in any supported 3D format. Developers can install Aspose.3D Nuget package in their .NET applications because we publish each version as a NuGet package on the NuGet gallery. We recommend our clients upgrade an old version of the Aspose.3D API to this latest one. For details on API fixes, please check Release Notes having a complete list of the features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
Convert DirectX (.x) 3D Model in C#
The X file format refers to files with the .x file name extension. The DirectX (.x) format is a template-driven format that can accommodate all your 3D gaming needs, from simple mesh’s to complete bone animation characters. Using Aspose.3D API, developers can convert a DirectX (.x) 3D model to 3D supported formats. All supported 3D formats are listed on this page: Save a 3D Document. These help topics will help to know the way of importing an existing X file: Reading a 3D Scene and Specify Load Options of 3D DirectX .x File
Public API Changes
The following API changes in the new version are also worth noting:
- XText and XBinary format entries are added in the Aspose.ThreeD.FileFormat class. It helps in loading a 3D DirectX (.x) models.
- Aspose.ThreeD.Formats.X.XLoadOptions class has been added. It specifies settings to load a DirectX X file into the Aspose.3D API.
Aspose.3D for .NET Resources
The following resources will help you work with Aspose.3D for .NET:
- Home page for Aspose.3D for .NET API
- Download Aspose.3D for .NET
- Aspose.3D product family forum - Post your technical questions, queries, and any other problem you faced while running Aspose.3D APIs.
- Aspose.3D for .NET online documentation – help documentation and API reference documents.
- Enable Blog Subscription – Do not limit yourself, you can keep yourself updated with the latest news on Aspose.3D APIs, new features, fixes, and other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.3D blog.
- Aspose.3D for .NET Examples – We have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.
- Migrate from Earlier Versions of Aspose.3D API – We keep track of Aspose.3D API change version by version. So we recommend getting help from this section while upgrading to the latest API version or if Aspose.3D API code is broken at some stage.
We hope you’ll enjoy this new release that saves time and effort. The API is quite simple and developers can use it in application easily.