We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 17.1.0. This month’s release improves the Extended Attributes implementation of a task. The modification makes it easy to add lookup extended attributes to a task. It also fixes a number of resources reported by our valued customers with the last month’s version of the API. For a detailed note on what is new and fixed, please visit the release notes section of Aspose.Tasks for Java documentation.
Improved Public API for Working with Custom Fields
This month’s release improves the implementation of adding Extended attributes to a task and resource. The new implementation makes it easy to create plain as well as Lookup custom fields to a project’s tasks and resources. The following static methods of ExtendedAttributeDefinition class are provided under this new implementation.
The following code sample illustrates the usage of these new methods exposed by the API.
// Create new project Project project = new Project(dataDir + "project.mpp"); //Create an Extended Attribute Definition of Text1 type ExtendedAttributeDefinition taskExtendedAttributeText1Definition = ExtendedAttributeDefinition.createTaskDefinition(CustomFieldType.Text, ExtendedAttributeTask.Text1, "Task City Name"); //Add it to the project's Extended Attributes collection project.getExtendedAttributes().add(taskExtendedAttributeText1Definition); //Add a task to the project Task task = project.getRootTask().getChildren().add("Task 1"); //Create an Extended Attribute from the Attribute Definition ExtendedAttribute taskExtendedAttributeText1 = taskExtendedAttributeText1Definition.createExtendedAttribute(); //Assign a value to the generated Extended Attribute taskExtendedAttributeText1.setValue("London"); //Add the Extended Attribute to task task.getExtendedAttributes().add(taskExtendedAttributeText1); project.save(dataDir + "PlainTextExtendedAttribute_out.mpp", SaveFileFormat.MPP);
In addition to the improvements, this month’s release also fixes several bugs related to the API functionality. These include:
- Working with Extended Attributes of the API
- Lookup values error while assigning to task
- Large file size after creating task baseline
- Saving Extended Task Attributes to output MPP
- Product Documentation – Provides complete information about system requirements, installation, Programmer’s Guide, Technical articles and API Changes
- API Reference Guide – Provides information about the product namespaces, classes and methods
- GitHub Examples – Ready to download and execute examples of the API
- Forum Support – Post your queries/inquiries on Aspose.Tasks forum to get support from our technical support team.