We are pleased to announce the availability of new version 17.3.0 of Aspose.3D for .NET API. The new version adds support of importing Google Draco encoded DRC files. Developers can import DRC files into the Aspose.3D API, and then export them in any supported 3D format. Developers can install Aspose.3D Nuget package in their .NET applications because we publish each version as a NuGet package on the NuGet gallery. We recommend our clients upgrade an old version of the Aspose.3D API to this latest one. For details on API fixes, please check Release Notes having a complete list of the features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
Convert Google Draco Encoded DRC Files using C#
The Google Draco, an open-source compression library, can improve the storage and transmission of 3D graphics. Draco can be used to compress meshes and point-cloud data. It also supports compressing points, connectivity information, texture coordinates, color information, normals, and any other generic attributes associated with geometry. Draco encodes 3D data in the DRC file. Using Aspose.3D API, developers can convert a Draco encoded DRC to 3D supported formats. All supported 3D formats are listed on this page: Save a 3D Document. This help topic will help to know the way of importing an existing DRC file: Reading a 3D Scene
Public API Changes
The following API changes in the new version are also worth noting:
- Draco format entry is added in the Aspose.ThreeD.FileFormat and Aspose.ThreeD.FileFormatType classes. It helps in loading a Google Draco (.drc) files.
Aspose.3D for .NET Resources
The following resources will help you work with Aspose.3D for .NET:
- Home page for Aspose.3D for .NET API
- Download Aspose.3D for .NET
- Aspose.3D product family forum – Post your technical questions, queries, and any other problem you faced while running Aspose.3D APIs.
- Aspose.3D for .NET online documentation – help documentation and API reference documents.
- Enable Blog Subscription – Do not limit yourself, you can keep yourself updated with the latest news on Aspose.3D APIs, new features, fixes, and other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.3D blog.
- Aspose.3D for .NET Examples – We have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.
We hope you will enjoy this new release that save time and efforts. The API is quite simple and developers can use it in application easily.