We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Cells for Java 17.7. This release includes many new features and enhancements along with some critical bug fixes that further improve the overall stability of the APIs. We also recommend our clients to use the powerful Aspose for Java APIs directly in their Maven Projects with simple configurations. Please check the release notes in order to get an idea about what is new and what has been fixed with this revision of Aspose.Cells for Java. Here is a look at the major features in this release.
Import Data from Microsoft Access Database to Worksheet in Java
Aspose.Cells can import data to worksheets from ResultSet object which can be created from any database. However, the following article specifically creates ResultSet object from Microsoft Access Database. Since the code is the same for all types of databases, so you can use it in general.
Apply Advanced Filter of Microsoft Excel to Display Records Meeting Complex Criteria
Microsoft Excel allows you to apply Advanced Filter on worksheet data to display records that meet complex criteria. You can apply Advanced Filter with Microsoft Excel via its Data > Advanced command as shown in this screenshot.
Aspose.Cells also allows you to apply the Advanced Filter using the Worksheet.advancedFilter() method. For more detail, please see this article.
Implement Errors and Boolean Value in Russian or Any Other Language
If you are using Microsoft Excel in Russian Locale or Language or any other Locale or Language, it will display Errors and Boolean values according to that Locale or Language. You can achieve a similar behavior of Microsoft Excel using Aspose.Cells with the GlobalizationSettings class. Please see the following article for more help.
Read Numbers Spreadsheet Developed by Apple Inc. using Aspose.Cells
Numbers is a spreadsheet application developed by Apple Inc. Aspose.Cells can read Numbers spreadsheet but it does not support writing to it. It can read Numbers spreadsheet’s Data, Style and Formulas. Here is the article link for more detail.
Set DefaultFont property of PdfSaveOptions and ImageOrPrintOptions
When saving to PDF or image, Aspose.Cells will first try to use Workbook’s default font. This behavior can be changed using DefaultFont attribute in PdfSaveOptions/ImageOrPrintOptions. For more detail, please see this article.
Determine if Paper Size of Worksheet is Automatic
Most of the time, the paper size of the worksheet is automatic. When it is automatic, it is often set as Letter. Sometimes user sets the paper size of the worksheet as per their requirements. In this case, the paper size is not automatic. You can find if the worksheet paper size is automatic or not using the Worksheet.getPageSetup().isAutomaticPaperSize() method.
Aspose.Cells for Java Resources
The resources, you may need to accomplish your tasks:
- Home of Aspose.Cells for Java API.
- Aspose.Cells for Java Download Section.
- Aspose.Cells for Java Documentation – up-to-date documentation containing Programmer’s Guide, Knowledge Base, and much more.
- Aspose.Cells for Java API Reference Guide – detailing the publicly exposed classes, methods, properties, constants & interfaces.
- Aspose.Cells Product Family Forum – post your technical questions and queries, or any other problem you are facing while working with Aspose.Cells APIs.
- Enable Blog Subscription – do not limit yourself, you can keep yourself updated with the latest news on Aspose.Cells APIs, new features, fixes, and other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.Cells blog.
- Aspose.Cells for Java Examples – we have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.