We are pleased to announce the new monthly release of Aspose.Words for Android via Java 17.8. Aspose.Words for Android via Java has full functionality of Aspose.Words for Java with few limitations, minor API changes and additional requirements. This version also includes all bug fixes and public API changes made in Aspose.Words for Java 17.8, see following release notes for more information.
Aspose.Words for Java 17.8 release notes
Aspose.Words for Android via Java 17.8 release notes
Convert Word Document to PCL Format
We have introduced new saving format – PCL (Printer Command Language) in this version of Aspose.Words for Java. Aspose.Words can save documents to PCL 6 (PCL 6 Enhanced or PCL XL) format. There is one major feature of PCL that is unsupported in current version of Aspose.Words i.e. custom fonts. It is rather big and complex problem, but we will implement this feature in future.
Convert Word Document to PCL (Printer Command Language)
Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features and API changes in this month’s release.
- Rendering into PCL format (Printer Command Language) was implemented.
- A significant optimization of PDF rendering engine has been carried out.
- Performance and heap space optimizations.
- Compression of document structure data and cross-reference table in PDF 1.5 output. Now the output PDF documents with the logical structure are much smaller.
- Image tag in Fixed HTML documents can now contain an alternative text string.
- API for ‘Mark Comment Done’ option.
- Sign the signature line in Word document.
- Add feature to set/get “Specify line and character grid”.
- Detect comment resolved and comment replies and reply to which comment.
- Added feature to format Data Labels of chart.
‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’ is an advanced Word document processing API to perform a wide range of document processing tasks directly within your native Android applications. Aspose.Words for Android via Java API supports DOC, OOXML, RTF, HTML, OpenDocument, PDF, XPS, EPUB and other formats. You can generate, modify, convert and render documents.
Learn more about Aspose.Words for Android via Java
Aspose.Words for Android via Java API Resources
Following are the links to some useful resources you may need to accomplish your tasks.
- Aspose.Words for Android via Java Online Documentation (‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’ is very similar to ‘Aspose.Words for Java’. So, you can use the same documentation)
- Aspose.Words for Android via Java Features
- Aspose.Words for Android via Java Limitations and API Differences
- Aspose.Words for Android via Java Product Page
- Download Aspose.Words for Android via Java
- Install Aspose.Words for Android via Java from Maven
- Aspose.Words for Android via Java API Reference Guide (Aspose.Words for Android via Java is very similar to Aspose.Words for Java. So, you can use the same API Reference Guide)
- Aspose.Words Forum
- GitHub Examples
Start a Free Trial Today
Start a free trial today – all you need is to sign up with Aspose. Once you have signed up, you are ready to try all the powerful file processing features offered by Aspose.
You can easily download ‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’ API for evaluation. The evaluation download is the same as the purchased download. The evaluation version simply becomes licensed when you add a few lines of code to apply the license.
The evaluation version of Aspose.Words for Android via Java (without a license specified) provides full product functionality, but it inserts an evaluation watermark at the top of the document on open and save, and limits the maximum document size to several hundred paragraphs.
If you want to test ‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’ API without the evaluation version limitations, you can also request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to How to get a Temporary License?