We are really delighted to announce the release of version 17.8 of the Aspose.Words for SharePoint API. This release comes with some very exciting features to enhance the usability of the API. This version also sees the codebase better tweaked and the core functionality closer to Aspose.Words for .NET 17.8, which is the base product that Aspose.Words for SharePoint 17.8 is ported from.
We recommend you to download the latest release and check out all the features introduced in the base Aspose.Words for .NET API. You can download the latest release of Aspose.Words for SharePoint from the following link:
Bug Fixes and Changes
Aspose.Words for SharePoint 17.8 release includes the latest improvements and fixes made up to date in Aspose.Words for .NET (17.8). The most notable are:
- A significant optimization of PDF rendering engine has been carried out.
- The proper algorithm for rendering of shapes with automatic size textboxes (i.e. closest to MS Word output) implemented.
- Improved font rendering in PDF documents for Adobe Illustrator limitations.
- Improved rendering of fonts with simulated bold style.
- Vertical text rendering in DrawingML textboxes improved.
- Added feature to Automatically adjust space between Asian and Latin text, numbers.
- MailMerge and Metafile rendering performance are improved.
- A low resolution text rendering to images improved.
- Shaded DrawingML images rendering fixed.
- DrawingML Charts rendering improved (axis label placement).
- DrawingML Charts rendering improved (rotated and scaled horizontal axis labels).
- Full support for Word 2013 documents (roundtrip to/from DOCX)
- Font substitution mechanism improved. Now Aspose.Words evaluates all related fields in FontInfo (Panose, Sig etc) and finds the closest match among the available font sources.
- Asian font rendering improved (more precise metrics calculation).
- Stroke weight is now taken into account while rendering auto-sized Textboxes.
Aspose.Words for SharePoint API Resources:
Following are the links to some useful resources you may need to accomplish your tasks.
- Aspose.Words for SharePoint 17.8 release notes
- Aspose.Words for .NET release notes
- Aspose.Words for SharePoint Online Documentation
- Aspose.Words for SharePoint Product Page
- Download Aspose.Words for SharePoint
- Aspose.Words Forum
Start a Free Trial Today
Start a free trial today – all you need is to sign up with Aspose. Once you have signed up, you are ready to try all the powerful file processing features offered by Aspose.
You can easily download ‘Aspose.Words for SharePoint’ API for evaluation. The evaluation download is the same as the purchased download. Please check How to License Aspose.Words for SharePoint.
The evaluation version of Aspose.Words for SharePoint (without a license specified) provides full product functionality, but it inserts an evaluation watermark at the top of the document on open and save, and limits the maximum document size to several hundred paragraphs.
If you want to test ‘Aspose.Words for SharePoint’ API without the evaluation version limitations, you can also request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to How to get a Temporary License?