We are pleased to announce the launch of Aspose.Email for Mac via Xamarin. After the launch of Aspose.Email for Android via Xamarin and Aspose.Email for iOS via Xamarin, this is another extension to the Aspose.Email product family that can be of value to apps development on Mac with Xamarin Framework.
Building Rich Emailing Applications with Xamarin.Mac
Aspose.Email for Mac via Xamarin is powered by Aspose.Email for .NET at its back which has been in the field for quite long time now with proven performance. It provides:
- Support for Outlook and other popular file formats
- Conversion of emails from one format to another
- Support for working with Outlook PST and OST file formats
- Working with popular emailing protocols such as POP3, IMAP, SMTP and Exchange Server protocols (WebDav/EWS)
- Working Thunderbird Storage Files, and
- iCalendar file formats
The same set of features is now supported by this new API for Xamarin.Mac applications that can be readily sued by app developers for Mac.
Getting Started with Aspose.Email for Mac via Xamarin
You can get started with Aspose.Email for Mac via Xamarin in no time. The API is available in the form of DLL for download from API’s download section as well as through Nuget. Once you setup Xamarin environment with Microsoft Visual Studio, include reference to the API DLL in your application and you are ready to creating emailing applications with the API.
Documentation and API Reference Guide
Aspose.Email for Mac via Xamarin exhibits the same features as the Aspose.Email for .NET API. For this reason, we’ll be using Aspose.Email for .NET documentation and API Reference guide for this API as well. The .NET API documentation can be referenced for code samples and guidelines other than exceptions listed in the upcoming section. You can find about the API resources in the documentation section of the API.
As mentioned earlier, the API contains almost all the features offered by Aspose.Email for .NET. However, there are certain limitations a well. For example:
- The API doesn’t have any printing features for exporting the messages to TIFF or XPS format
- ActiveSync client is not available in the API
- You cannot embed linked images into message body in both RTF as well as HTML format
- It also has no functionality of Signing or Encrypting/Decrypting messages
These limitations and work around methods (where applicable) are listed in API limitations page for Aspose.Email for iOS via Xamarin.
Feel free to reach us via Aspose.Email forum. We’ will be glad to address your concerns and assist you with any of your query.