We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Barcode for .NET 17.11. The major development in this release is the support to generate databar coded barcode with segments per row. This release also supports enhanced process of recognizing supplement barcode. Improved functionality to read barcode from PDF has also been incorporated in this release.
Segments Per Row Databar Barcode
Aspose.BarCode supports the functionality to generate databar coded barcode with segments per row. This functionality allows to adjust the amount of information that the code will generate per (each) row. A property BarCodeBuilder.Columns has been introduced to define the said setting. How a developer can set segments per row for a databar is demonstrated in the code snippet given below. The code snippet contains comments that makes it self explanatory.
//Instantiate BarCodeBuilder object Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeBuilder builder = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeBuilder(); //Set the Code text for the barcode builder.CodeText = "(01)98898765432106(3202)012345(15)991231"; //Set the symbology type to Code128 builder.EncodeType = Aspose.BarCode.Generation.EncodeTypes.DatabarExpandedStacked; //Set the cloumn property to define segments per row builder.Columns = 6; //Save the image builder.Save("6segmets.png");
This release also fixes exceptions that were reported by our valued customers. Complete list of fixes in this release is as follows.
- Functionality to recognize barcode from image has been enhanced. The functionality has been enhanced in such a way that API will extract exact number of available barcodes. No unwanted barcodes.
- The process to extract supplement barcode has been improved. Aspose.BarCode now look for special parity pattern for correct recognition of supplement barcode.
- DataMatrix barcode recognition process from a TIFF image has been improved. Aspose.BarCode returns all DataMatrix barcode if RecognitionMode.MaxQuality recognition mode is used.
- Barcode recognition process have been enhanced to detect barcodes from PDF files.
To view a complete list of enhancements and fixes, please visit the release notes page. This release also includes many important API and Backward Incompatible changes. The list of all such changes are worth seeing and can be view on release notes page. You can download the latest version by visiting the Aspose.Barcode for .NET 17.11 page in downloads section.
Aspose.BarCode for .NET Resources
You can get started with Aspose.BarCode for .NET by making use of information available in the following:
- Homepage for Aspose.BarCode for .NET API
- Download Aspose.BarCode for .NET
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET Wiki docs – Help documentation and API reference documents.
- Aspose.BarCode Product Family Forum – Post your technical questions and queries, or any other problem you faced while running Aspose.BarCode APIs.
- Enable Email Subscription – You can keep yourself updated with the latest news on Aspose.BarCode APIs, new features, fixes and other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.BarCode blog.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET Examples – We have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. You can explore the code examples for learning purposes.