We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.11. Please check the release notes in order to get an idea about what is new and what has been enhanced or fixed with this revision of Aspose.Cells for .NET. You can also install Aspose for .NET APIs directly from NuGet repository.
Determine Smart Art Shape and Convert it to Group Shape
Smart Art shapes are special shapes that allow you create complex diagrams automatically. Aspose.Cells allows you to detect Smart Art shapes and convert them to Group shape. You can find if the shape is smart art shape or normal shape using Shape.IsSmartArt property. You can also convert Smart Art Shape into Group Shape using the Shape.GetResultOfSmartArt() method. It will enable you to handle smart art shape like a group shape. Consequently, you will have access to the individual parts or shapes of the group shape. The following sample code loads a template file containing a smart art shape. It then converts the determine the smart art shape and convert into group shape.
//Load the sample smart art shape - Excel file
Workbook wb = new Workbook("Book1.xlsx");
//Access first worksheet
Worksheet ws = wb.Worksheets;
//Access first shape
Shape sh = ws.Shapes;
//Determine if shape is smart art
Console.WriteLine("Is Smart Art Shape: " + sh.IsSmartArt);
//Determine if shape is group shape
Console.WriteLine("Is Group Shape: " + sh.IsGroup);
//Convert smart art shape into group shape
Console.WriteLine("Is Group Shape: " + sh.GetResultOfSmartArt().IsGroup);
Please see the documents/articles with attachments and screenshots on how to determine Smart Art Shape and how to convert Smart Art Shape into Group Shape for your complete reference.
Create and Protect a Shared Workbook
Microsoft Excel allows you to create a shared workbook. When you share the workbook, then more than one user can edit the workbook. Aspose.Cells enables you to create a shared workbook with Workbook.Settings.Shared property. You can protect or unprotect a shared workbook. For more detail on the features, please see this articles/documents for your reference.
Find the root element name of Xml Map
Aspose.Cells allows you to find the root element name of XML map using XmlMap.RootElementName property. For more detail, please see this article.
Ignore Errors while Rendering Excel to PDF
You can ignore all errors during the conversion process using the PdfSaveOptions.IgnoreError property. This way, conversion process will be completed smoothly without throwing any error or exception but data loss may occur. For more detail, please see this article.
Query Cell Areas Mapped to Xml Map Path
You can query cell areas mapped to xml map path with Aspose.Cells using the Worksheet.XmlMapQuery() method. If the path exists, it will return the list of cell areas related to that path inside xml map. For more detail, please see this article.
Render Sequence of Pages using PageIndex and PageCount Properties of ImageOrPrintOptions
Aspose.Cells allows you to render sequence of pages of your Excel file to images using ImageOrPrintOptions.PageIndex and ImageOrPrintOptions.PageCount properties. These properties are useful when there are so many pages in your worksheet but you need to render a few pages only. This will not only save the processing time but also saves the memory consumption of the rendering process. For more detail, please see this article.
Other Enhancements and Fixes
There are some other enhancements included and other exception handled in the new release for the users. A few of the worth mentioning features and enhancements are as follow.
- Copy Paste Behavior Of EnableClipboardCopyPaste and PasteType GridDesktop Properties.
- Handled exception when using PivotTable.RefreshData.
- Handled System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException when XLSB is converted to PDF.
- Handled exception while loading the output XLS file (with OLE Objects, images, etc. excluded).
In Aspose.Cells 17.11 we fixed some important bugs and other issues. For example, issues around reading/writing MS Excel file formats, data validation, rendering Excel to HTML and vice versa, applying formattings/style, rendering shapes and drawing objects, rendering and manipulating charts, manipulating PivotTables, auto-fitting rows/columns, rendering images from Excel worksheets, rendering images files from charts and exporting Excel workbooks to PDF format have been resolved. The Aspose.Cells formula calculation engine is also improved.
Changes to the Public API
This version of Aspose.Cells for .NET has made some changes to the Public API. A few of the worth mentioning changes are as follow:
- Added Shape.GetResultOfSmartArt() method, it converts the smart art to a group shape.
- Added Shape.IsSmartArt property, it indicates whether the shape is smart art.
- Added Workbook.ProtectSharedWorkbook() and Workbook.UnprotectSharedWorkbook() method, these methods protect and unprotect the shared workbook.
- Added ImageOrPrintOptions.PageIndex property, it gets or sets the 0-based index of the first page to save.
- Added ImageOrPrintOptions.PageCount property, it gets or sets the number of pages to save.
- Added PdfSaveOptions.IgnoreError property, it indicates if you need to hide the error while rendering.
Aspose.Cells for .NET Resources
The resources, you may need to accomplish your tasks:
- Home of Aspose.Cells for .NET API.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET Download Section.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET Documentation – up-to-date documentation containing Programmer’s Guide, Knowledge Base and much more.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET API Reference Guide – detailing the publicly exposed classes, methods, properties, constants & interfaces.
- Aspose.Cells Product Family Forum – post your technical questions and queries, or any other problem you are facing while working with Aspose.Cells APIs.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET Examples – we have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.