We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Barcode for .NET 17.12. The major development in this release is the support to generate QR coded barcode with version setting. This release also supports enhanced process of recognizing Code128 and OneD coded barcode. Improved speed and quality of 1D barcode recognition process has also been incorporated in this release.
Set QR version
Aspose.BarCode supports the functionality to generate QR coded barcode with its version information. This functionality allows to generate QR coded barcode by setting its version number. A property BarCodeBuilder.QRVersion has been introduced to define the said setting. How a developer can set QR version number is demonstrated in the code snippet given below. The code snippet contains comments that makes it self explanatory.
// Instantiate BarCodeBuilder object Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeBuilder builder = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeBuilder(); // Set the Code text for the barcode builder.CodeText = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"; // Set the symbology type to QR builder.EncodeType = Aspose.BarCode.Generation.EncodeTypes.QR; // Set the error level builder.QRErrorLevel = Aspose.BarCode.QRErrorLevel.LevelQ; // Set the QR barcode version number builder.QRVersion = Aspose.BarCode.QRVersion.Version10; //Save the image builder.Save("qr_version10_errorQ.png");
This release also fixes exceptions that were reported by our valued customers. Complete list of fixes in this release is as follows.
- Process of setting license has been improved. Now API will show correct exception message in case license subscription is expired. Setting license time has also been improved.
- Working of Aspose.BarCode in multi threaded environment has been enhanced.
- DatabarStacked barcode recognition process has been enhanced.
- Process of recognizing barcode from JPEG and TIFF image has been improved.
- Functionality to generate Datamatrix barcode has been updated.
- Process to recognize PDF417 and Code128 barcode has been enhanced. Performance improvements have been made to boost up the process.
To view a complete list of enhancements and fixes, please visit the release notes page. This release also includes many important API and Backward Incompatible changes. The list of all such changes are worth seeing and can be view on release notes page. You can download the latest version by visiting the Aspose.Barcode for .NET 17.12 page in downloads section.
Aspose.BarCode for .NET Resources
You can get started with Aspose.BarCode for .NET by making use of information available in the following:
- Homepage for Aspose.BarCode for .NET API
- Download Aspose.BarCode for .NET
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET Wiki docs – Help documentation and API reference documents.
- Aspose.BarCode Product Family Forum – Post your technical questions and queries, or any other problem you faced while running Aspose.BarCode APIs.
- Enable Email Subscription – You can keep yourself updated with the latest news on Aspose.BarCode APIs, new features, fixes and other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.BarCode blog.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET Examples – We have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. You can explore the code examples for learning purposes.