Aspose.BarCode for Java 17.12 is available for download now. The major development in this release is the support to generate QR coded barcode with its version number. This release also supports enhanced process of recognizing Code128 and OneD coded barcode. Enhanced speed and quality of 1D barcode recognition process functionality has also been incorporated in this release.
Setting QR version
Aspose.BarCode for Java now supports the functionality to generate QR coded barcode with its version information. This functionality allows the developers to generate QR coded barcode by setting its version number. A property BarCodeBuilder.setQRVersion has been introduced to define the said setting. How a developer can set QR version number is demonstrated in the code snippet given below. The code snippet contains comments that makes it self explanatory.
// Instantiate BarCodeBuilder object com.aspose.barcode.BarCodeBuilder builder = new com.aspose.barcode.BarCodeBuilder(); // Set the Code text for the barcode builder.setCodeText("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"); // Set the symbology type to QR builder.setEncodeType(com.aspose.barcode.EncodeTypes.QR); // Set the error level builder.setQRErrorLevel(com.aspose.barcode.QRErrorLevel.LevelQ); // Set the QR barcode version number builder.setQRVersion(com.aspose.barcode.QRVersion.VERSION_10); //Save the image builder.save("qr_version10_errorQ.png");
Following is the list of improvements made in this release and bug fixes that were reported by our valued customers.
- Process of setting license has been improved. Now API will show correct exception message in case license subscription is expired. Set license execution time has also been improved.
- Working of Aspose.BarCode in multi threaded environment has been enhanced.
- DatabarStacked barcode recognition process has been enhanced.
- Process of recognizing barcode from JPEG and TIFF image has been improved.
- Functionality to generate Datamatrix barcode has been updated.
- Process to recognize PDF417 and Code128 barcode has been enhanced. Performance improvements have been made to boost up the process.
To view a complete list of enhancements and fixes, please visit the release notes page.
Aspose.BarCode for Java Resources
The following API resources can be of help to you in getting started with Aspose.BarCode:
- Homepage for Aspose.BarCode for Java API
- Download Aspose.BarCode for Java
- Aspose.BarCode for Java Wiki docs – help documentation and API reference documents.
- Aspose.BarCode Product Family Forum – post your technical questions and queries, or any other problem you faced while running Aspose.BarCode APIs.
- Enable Email Subscription – Don’t limit yourself, you can keep yourself updated with the latest news on Aspose.BarCode APIs and new features, fixes, plus other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.BarCode blog.
- Aspose.BarCode for Java Examples – We have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.