We are really delighted to announce the release of version 18.2 of the Aspose.Words for SharePoint API. Conversion to Pdf/A in UI is supported now. We have also added two new options in API to convert documents to PDF/A-1a and PDF/A-1b standards.
When you specify PdfCompliance.PdfA1a, the output file will comply with the PDF/A-1a standard. This level includes all the requirements of PDF/A-1b and additionally requires that document structure be included (also known as being “tagged“), with the objective of ensuring that document content can be searched and re-purposed.
When you specify PdfCompliance.PdfA1b, the output file will comply with the PDF/A-1b standard. PDF/A-1b has the objective of ensuring reliable reproduction of the visual appearance of the document.
This release also comes with some very exciting features to enhance the usability of the API. This version also sees the codebase better tweaked and the core functionality closer to Aspose.Words for .NET 18.2, which is the base product that Aspose.Words for SharePoint 18.2 is ported from.
We recommend you to download the latest release and check out all the features introduced in the base Aspose.Words for .NET API. You can download the latest release of Aspose.Words for SharePoint from the following link:
Bug Fixes and Changes
Aspose.Words for SharePoint 18.2 release includes the latest improvements and fixes made up to date in Aspose.Words for .NET (18.2). The most notable are:
- Rendering of SVG graphics elements embedded into DrawingML objects (svgBlip) implemented
- Fixed “Compound lines are not supported” warning generation
- Rendering of “DFKai-SB” TrueType font fixed
- Fixed problem with path gradient brush scaling while rendering metafiles
- Spacing between legend items in DrawingML Charts rendering fixed
- The data series line with “Round” cap type is rendered properly when exporting DrawingML Charts into PDF now
- Rotated VML text boxes with non-default alignment rendering fixed
- Auto-size calculation of rotated VML text boxes with vertical layout fixed
- Implemented none wrapping for text frames
- Improved paragraph spacing computation with hidden paragraphs
- Improved custom tab stops handling around hidden paragraphs
- Improved line wrapping around dashes
- Improved character spacing control for complex code point sequences
- Improved processing of out-of-order footnotes
- Implemented mirror margins and gutter position handling when page orientation changes
- Improved performance of reflow when the document is large and has fields in headers/footers
- Fixed text box width issue with left-aligned RTL text
Aspose.Words for SharePoint API Resources:
The following are the links to some useful resources you may need to accomplish your tasks.
- Aspose.Words for SharePoint 18.2 release notes
- Aspose.Words for .NET release notes
- Aspose.Words for SharePoint Online Documentation
- Aspose.Words for SharePoint Product Page
- Download Aspose.Words for SharePoint
- Aspose.Words Forum
Start a Free Trial Today
Start a free trial today – all you need is to sign up with Aspose. Once you have signed up, you are ready to try all the powerful file processing features offered by Aspose.
You can easily download ‘Aspose.Words for SharePoint’ API for evaluation. The evaluation download is the same as the purchased download. Please check How to License Aspose.Words for SharePoint.
The evaluation version of Aspose.Words for SharePoint (without a license specified) provides full product functionality, but it inserts an evaluation watermark at the top of the document on open and save and limits the maximum document size to several hundred paragraphs.
If you want to test ‘Aspose.Words for SharePoint’ API without the evaluation version limitations, you can also request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to How to get a Temporary License?