We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Cells for Java 18.5. This release includes many new features and enhancements along with some critical bug fixes that further improve the overall stability of the APIs. We also recommend our clients to use the powerful Aspose for Java APIs directly in their Maven Projects with simple configurations. Please check the release notes in order to get an idea about what is new and what has been fixed with this revision of Aspose.Cells for Java. Here is a look at the major features in this release.
Specify the Far East and Latin Name of the Font in Text Options of Shape
Sometimes you want to display text in Far East language font e.g. Japanese, Chinese, Thai etc. Aspose.Cells provides TextOptions.FarEastName property that can be used to specify the font name of Far East language. Besides, you can also specify the Latin font name using TextOptions.LatinName property. Please see the following article for more detail on this topic.
Save Workbook to Strict Open XML Spreadsheet Format
Aspose.Cells allows you to save the workbook in Strict Open XML Spreadsheet format. For that purpose, it provides the Workbook.Settings.Compliance property. If you set its value as OoxmlCompliance.ISO_29500_2008_STRICT, then the output Excel file will be saved in Strict Open XML Spreadsheet format.
// Create workbook. Workbook wb = new Workbook(); // Specify - Strict Open XML Spreadsheet - Format. wb.getSettings().setCompliance(OoxmlCompliance.ISO_29500_2008_STRICT); // Add message in cell B4 of first worksheet. Cell b4 = wb.getWorksheets().get(0).getCells().get("B4"); b4.putValue("This Excel file has Strict Open XML Spreadsheet format."); // Save to output Excel file. wb.save("outputSaveWorkbookToStrictOpenXMLSpreadsheetFormat.xlsx", SaveFormat.XLSX);
Specify Individual or Private Set of Fonts for Workbook Rendering
Generally, you specify the fonts directory or list of fonts for all the workbooks but sometime, you have to specify individual or private set of fonts for your desired workbooks. Aspose.Cells provides IndividualFontConfigs class that can be used to specify the individual or private set of fonts for your workbook. Please see the following article for more detail on this topic.
Aspose.Cells for Java Resources
The resources, you may need to accomplish your tasks:
- Home of Aspose.Cells for Java API.
- Download Aspose.Cells for Java.
- Aspose.Cells for Java Documentation – up-to-date documentation containing Programmer’s Guide, Knowledge Base and much more.
- Aspose.Cells for Java API Reference Guide – detailing the publicly exposed classes, methods, properties, constants & interfaces.
- Aspose.Cells Product Family Forum – post your technical questions and queries, or any other problem you are facing while working with Aspose.Cells APIs.
- Aspose.Cells for Java Examples – we have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.