We are excited to share the news of extension in Aspose.BarCode API. The news is also an excitement for software application developers who would love to incorporate barcode generation & recognition processes in their Android, iOS and Mac applications via Xamarin.
We are pleased to announce that Aspose.BarCode will support following new platforms from now. Support for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) has also been incorporated in this release.
- Android via Xamarin
- iOS via Xamarin
- Mac via Xamarin
As the names indicate, these new platforms are mobile applications development via Xamarin. These will include a small set of features of Aspose.BarCode for .NET API in the start. Support for Android and iOS via Xamarin will enables the developers to do native development in C#. Aspose.BarCode for .NET now includes assemblies for .NET Standard 1.3 and .NET Standard 2.0. The exact version of supported Android, iOS and UWP you can found at .NET implementation support. A table can be found on this link which lists all versions of .NET Standard and the platforms supported.
With the launch of Aspose.BarCode for .NET 18.6, developers for Android and iOS will be able to develop applications capable of functionality offered by Aspose.BarCode API. These include:
- Customizable barcode generation.
- Generated barcode image can be saved in PNG, JPG, TIFF and SVG (vector) formats.
- Multithreading enabled barcode recognition process.
- Barcode image in PNG, JPG and TIFF formats can be supplied for recognition.
- All of the barcode types supported by regular Aspose.BarCode for .NET API can be generated and recognized on these platforms.
The only limitation is the EMF image format. EMF image format is not supported, because it is windows-specific.
This release also includes improvement in terms of bug fixes which further add to the overall stability of the API. These are related to various API functionality and include:
- Adding BarCode dependency from NuGet was throwing exception. This issue was reported and upon investigation it was found that the issue is due to dependency on SkiaSharp in .NET Framework. This issue has been fixed.
- During an internal investigation, it was found that Metered license functionality is not working incorrectly with some BarCodeReader constructors. This issue has been resolved.
Aspose.BarCode for .NET Resources
You can get started with Aspose.BarCode for .NET by making use of information available in the following:
- Homepage for Aspose.BarCode for .NET API
- Download Aspose.BarCode for .NET
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET Wiki docs – Help documentation and API reference documents.
- Aspose.BarCode Product Family Forum – Post your technical questions and queries, or any other problem you faced while running Aspose.BarCode APIs.
- Enable Email Subscription – You can keep yourself updated with the latest news on Aspose.BarCode APIs, new features, fixes and other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.BarCode blog.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET Examples – We have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. You can explore the code examples for learning purposes.