We are pleased to announce the monthly release of Aspose.PDF for Java 18.6. This release includes new features as well as fixes to the bugs reported by our customer in earlier versions. In order to get an idea about all new features and bug fixes incorporated in this release, please check release notes page of Aspose.PDF for Java 18.6. In case you are planning to upgrade your existing version to latest one, we recommend you to please check Public API Changes section in release notes of the API. This way you will have an idea about what has been changed and added new in latest release.
Following section provides insights into major new features available in Aspose.PDF for Java 18.6.
Add Rotated Text inside PDF document
Adding text with rotation angle can be an important requirement in particular scenarios of text generation in PDF. In order to add text with rotation in PDF document, you can use setRotation() method of TextState Class to specify rotation angle of text. For more information about this new feature, please check following article in API documentation:
Determine Rotation Angle of Text Characters
Along with functionality of adding rotated text inside PDF, extraction of that text and determining rotation angle of text characters has also been implemented in this release of the API. TextFragmentAbsorber class has further been enhanced to support extraction of rotation angle of text characters. You can check following article in API documentation for further details regarding this feature.
PDF to XLSX Conversion
PDF to XLS as well as other file format conversion was already supported in Aspose.PDF for Java. However, a new conversion feature i.e. PDF to XLSX has been introduced in this release of the API. In order to use this feature of the API, please read following article:
Important API Changes
All descendants of com.aspose.pdf.Operator has been moved under the namespace com.aspose.pdf.operators. Thus ‘new com.aspose.pdf.operators.GSave()’ should be used instead of ‘new com.aspose.pdf.Operator.GSave()’. While upgrading to latest version of the API, you will need to upgrade your existing code where you were using previous com.aspose.pdf.Operator namespace.
Along with the features and enhancements mentioned above, followings are useful improvements and bug fixes included in latest release of API:
- PDF to HTML Conversion has been improved in terms of visibility and formatting of symbols
- Fonts handling and watermark rendering have been improved further
- Improved memory consumption by API methods and calls
- Worked over formula based fields while converting from XFA to Standard AcroForms
- Consistency of text format has been maintained while converting PDF to PDF/A
- Redaction Annotation feature has been further improved
- Worked over producing better results while extracting bookmarks from PDF
As it is always recommended to use latest release of our API’s because they include latest features/improvements and fixes related to issues reported in earlier released versions. Therefore, please download the latest release of Aspose.PDF for Java 18.6.
- Home page for Aspose.PDF for Java
- Download Aspose.PDF for Java 18.6
- Aspose.PDF product family forum– Post your technical questions and queries, or any other problem you faced while running Aspose.PDF APIs.
- Aspose.PDF for Java online documentation– Help documentation and API reference documents.
- Enable Blog Subscription– Do not limit yourself, you can keep yourself updated with the latest news on Aspose.PDF APIs, new features, fixes and other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.PDF blog.