We are pleased to announce the new monthly release of Aspose.Words for Android via Java 18.10. Aspose.Words for Android via Java has full functionality of Aspose.Words for Java with few limitations, minor API changes and additional requirements. This version also includes all bug fixes and public API changes made in Aspose.Words for Java 18.10, see following release notes for more information.
Aspose.Words for Java 18.10 release notes
Aspose.Words for Android via Java 18.10 release notes
Aspose.Words for Android via Java 18.10 now allows you to perform following tasks:
- Font substitution and Font fallback in Aspose.Words
- How to Get Actual Bounds of Shape in Points
- How to Set Style to Format Text Typed into the Content Control
- Copy All Styles from Template
- How to Insert Untyped/Empty Field
- Allow Spacing Between Cells
- Insert Horizontal Rule into Document
Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features and API changes in this month’s release.
- API’s codebase is upgraded to the version Aspose.Words for Java 18.10
- Aspose.Words for Java is FIPS compliant now. The single sentence ‘SecuritySettings.startFipsMode()’ switches current Aspose.Words thread to the FIPS mode.
- Support Conholdate.Total for Java licensing system.
- Compatibility within GroupDocs Total package is improved.
- Just another Veracode Security Scan Report is fixed.
- Java 10/11 compatibility updates caused few bugs on some old Java Runtime Environments. We managed to fix these bugs quickly.
- Massive JavaDoc fixes.
- Aspose.BarCode compatibility changed to a new architecture that started from v.18.8. BarCode inside AW documents is more consistent now.
- Implemented new API to set up font fallback mechanism through XML configuration.
- Provide option to Use a style to format text typed into the SDT control.
- Add feature to insert Horizontal Rule into document.
- PNG images with a corrupted file structure are not skipped now from the rendering if it is possible to read information about their size.
- Improved rendering of abscissa labels of a DrawingML Chart if the axis contains a large number of dummy values.
- Improved scaling of the vertical axis of DrawingML Charts if a small range is used.
- Fixed an error causing an exception while rendering pattern-filled DrawingML shapes when pattern is not specified.
- Fixed a rendering glitch caused by negative arcsize of rounded rectangle VML shapes.
- Fixed a bug with rendering of the gridlines in a DrawingML Chart if the interval between tick marks is specified.
- Fixed a bug with rendering of the second axis title in a DrawingML Chart if manual layout is set.
- Fixed issue with paragraph above spacing for page break lines in compatibility mode.
- Fixed rendering of hidden paragraph in TOC fields.
- Fixed line wrapping in compatibility mode when line break follows inline shape wider that column.
- Improved rendering of underlines, it is now based on fields of the POST table in OTF fonts.
- Improved alignment of page relative shapes for documents created in Word 2013 and later.
- LINQ Reporting Engine supports removal of paragraphs becoming empty after template syntax tags are removed or replaced with empty values.
- ‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’ is an advanced Word document processing API to perform a wide range of document processing tasks directly within your native Android applications. Aspose.Words for Android via Java API supports DOC, OOXML, RTF, HTML, OpenDocument, PDF, XPS, EPUB and other formats. You can generate, modify, convert and render documents.
Aspose.Words for Android via Java API Resources
Following are the links to some useful resources you may need to accomplish your tasks.
- Aspose.Words for Android via Java Online Documentation (‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’ is very similar to ‘Aspose.Words for Java’. So, you can use the same documentation)
- Limitations and API Differences
- Product Page
- Install Aspose.Words for Android via Java from Maven
- API Reference Guide (Aspose.Words for Android via Java is very similar to Aspose.Words for Java. So, you can use the same API Reference Guide)
- Free Support Forum
- Paid Support Helpdesk
- GitHub Examples
Start a Free Trial Today
Start a free trial today – all you need is to sign up with Aspose. Once you have signed up, you are ready to try all the powerful file processing features offered by Aspose.
You can easily download ‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’ API for evaluation. The evaluation download is the same as the purchased download. The evaluation version simply becomes licensed when you add a few lines of code to apply the license.
The evaluation version of Aspose.Words for Android via Java (without a license specified) provides full product functionality, but it inserts an evaluation watermark at the top of the document on open and save, and limits the maximum document size to several hundred paragraphs.
If you want to test ‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’ API without the evaluation version limitations, you can also request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to How to get a Temporary License?