We are pleased to announce our next version Aspose.Words for .NET 19.1. This month’s release contains over 48 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes. Please check the release notes to get an idea about all new features, enhancements and fixes made in this release. If you are planning to upgrade from older version of Aspose.Words to the current version, we would strongly suggest you to check the Public API and Backward Incompatible Changes section to know what APIs are changed so far.
Added Feature to Apply Custom Formatting for Time Field
For Time field, there is a difference between MS Word formatting and .NET/Windows formatting and also between different .NET Framework versions. So, we have added new feature in this version of Aspose.Words 19.1 to apply custom formatting to Time field. Now, user can format the Time field according to his requirement. For more detail, please read the following article
Expose The Threshold Control for TIFF Binarization
We have added new property ThresholdForFloydSteinbergDithering in ImageSaveOptions class to control threshold for TIFF binarization. Please read the following article for more detail.
Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features and API changes in this month’s release.
- Implemented the directed line caps rendering for Bezier curves in metafiles.
- Implemented processing of the stroke properties while rendering custom line caps in metafiles.
- Implemented support of Unicode font names while rendering to PDF.
- Implemented Tiff binarization threshold control via ImageSaveOptions.ThresholdForFloydSteinbergDithering property.
- Fixed a bug that prevents rendering of horizontal lines with gradient fill in DrawingML.
- Fixed a bug when gradient fill is not rotated with DrawingML shapes by default.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect rendering of DrawingML shapes inside groups when 3D rotation was applied.
- Fixed a bug with the calculation of the point coordinates if the date axis is replaced by the string axis.
- Fixed a bug with vertical alignment of Ruby objects while rendering.
- Fixed a bug that caused the creation of extra link tags in output PDF when rendering documents with footnotes.
- Supported dynamic table cell merging for LINQ Reporting Engine.
- Supported textual comments within LINQ Reporting Engine template syntax tags.
- Improved computation of wrap bounds of floating objects which affects position of text nearby.
- Improved positioning of line when it cannot fit next to floating object and has to be pushed below.
- Implemented navigation from footnote reference to footnote for PDF output.
- Fixed exception which may happen when spans are merged in paragraphs with different directionality.
- Fixed exception which may happen when span has null shading inside text box.
Aspose.Words for .NET Resources
The following resources will help you work with Aspose.Words for .NET:
- Home page of .NET API.
- Install using NuGet Package
- Documentation – up-to-date documentation containing Programmer’s Guide, Knowledge Base and much more.
- API Reference Guide – detailing the publicly exposed classes, methods, properties, constants & interfaces.
- Aspose.Words Product Family Forum – post your technical questions and queries, or any other problem you are facing while working with Aspose.Words APIs.
- Enable Blog Subscription – do not limit yourself, you can keep yourself updated with the latest news on Aspose.Words APIs, new features, fixes and other API related topics by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog.
- Examples – we have published our code examples on the social coding website GitHub.com. Anyone could explore the code examples for learning purposes.