7z is an archiving format for compressing files and folders with a high compression ratio. It is based on Open Source architecture which makes it possible to use any compression and encryption algorithms. The 7z archive composition is now implemented with Lempel–Ziv–Markov chain algorithm LZMA compression in Aspose.ZIP for .NET 19.10 API which is now publicly available for download and usage to create .7z archive files with LZMA compression. We have introduced many public types and methods in this version of Aspose.ZIP for .NET. Please check release notes to learn about what enhancements, new features and bug resolutions are included.
7-Zip Archive with LZMA Compression
The LZMA (Lempel–Ziv–Markov chain algorithm) is developed to perform “lossless data compression”. Variable size of compression-dictionary and high compression-ratio of the LZMA algorithm makes it similar to the dictionary compression scheme that LZ77 algorithm offers. The following code example demonstrates how to create a 7z archive with LZMA compression.
See Also Useful Links
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET Online Documentation – up-to-date documentation containing Programmer’s Guide, Knowledge Base and much more.
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET Product Page
- Install Aspose.ZIP for .NET NuGet Package
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET API Reference Guide – detailing the publicly exposed classes, methods, properties, constants & interfaces.
- GitHub Examples Download– You can get these code examples from GitHub.
Keeping the Aspose tradition, you are welcome to shape the upcoming releases of Aspose.ZIP for .NET API by posting your suggestions and concerns in the Aspose.ZIP for .NET support forum.