Aspose.Words for .NET provides a complete set of features for manipulating and converting MS Word documents within a multitude of .NET applications. Particularly, you can create new or edit the existing Word documents within the desktop or web applications. In this post, I’ll show you how to leverage the Word processing capabilities of Aspose.Words for .NET and create a web-based MS Word Editor in ASP.NET MVC.
ASP.NET MVC Word Editor – Create Word Documents
We are going to create an ASP.NET MVC Word Editor that will be based on a WYSIWYG HTML editor for writing and updating the content of the documents. Furthermore, Aspose.Words for .NET will be used for rendering the Word document’s content into HTML for editing and generating Word documents from the updated content.
Steps to Create MS Word Editor in ASP.NET MVC
- First, create a new ASP.NET Core Web Application in Visual Studio.
- Select the Web Application (Model-View-Controller) template.
- Download the WYSIWYG editor’s files and keep them in wwwroot directory.
- Open NuGet Package Manager and install the Aspose.Words for .NET package.
- Add the following script in index.cshtml view.
- Add the following methods in HomeController.cs controller.
- Finally, build and run the application in your favorite browser.
The following is the demonstration of how to create or edit Word documents in ASP.NET Word Editor.
Create a Word Document in ASP.NET
Edit a Word Document in ASP.NET
Download Source Code
You can download the source code of MS Word Editor from here.
In this article, you have learned how to create MS Word documents in ASP.NET. The step-by-step guide along with code samples has shown how to create a simple web-based MS Word editor in ASP.NET MVC. Alongside, you can explore more about Aspose.Words for .NET using the following resources.
Try Aspose.Words for .NET for Free
You can try Aspose.Words for .NET for free by requesting a temporary license.