FBX and glTF file formats are used for creating and rendering 3D models and scenes. You can easily convert FBX files to glTF or GLB format. Likewise, you can convert a glTF or GLB file to FBX format programmatically using C#. You can go through the following sections for further details:
- GLB, glTF, and FBX File Converter – C# API Installation
- Convert FBX to glTF or GLB Programmatically using C#
- Convert glTF or GLB File to FBX Programmatically using C#
- Free API License
GLB, glTF, and FBX File Converter – C# API Installation
Aspose.3D for .NET API supports FBX, glTF, GLB, RVM, and several other file formats. You can easily create, edit, or manipulate these files without needing any 3rd party application. Please configure the API by downloading the DLL files from the New Releases section, or you can install it from the NuGet gallery with the following installation command:
PM> Install-Package Aspose.3D
Convert FBX to glTF or GLB Programmatically using C#
You can convert FBX files programmatically using C# language in .NET applications. You need to follow the steps below for converting FBX file to glTF or GLB file:
- Initialize Scene class object.
- Initiate FBXLoadOptions class object.
- Output all properties defined in GlobalSettings in FBX file.
- Load input FBX file.
- Export scene and embed the dependencies inside the target file.
- Customize the name of the buffer file which defines the model.
- Save output glTF or GLB format file.
The following code explains how to convert FBX file to glTF or GLB format programmatically with C#:
Convert glTF or GLB File to FBX Programmatically using C#
You can convert glTF or GLB file to FBX with the following steps:
- Load input glTF or GLB file using GLTFLoadOptions.
- Initialize FBXSaveOptions object.
- Save output FBX file.
The code snippet below explains how to convert glTF or GLB file to FBX programmatically using C#:
Free API License
You can evaluate the API without any limitations by requesting a Free Temporary License.
In this article, you have learned how to convert FBX to glTF or GLB, as well as glTF or GLB to FBX programmatically using C#. Likewise, you can explore several other features by visiting the API Documentation. Please feel free to contact us at the Free Support Forum in case of any queries.