Emails are the primary source of communication over the internet and in the majority of cases, the layout and formatting of the email is important. However, most of the email clients do not provide the enhanced formatting options required for designing high-quality email content. In such cases, a well-formatted Word document can be used as the body of the email. In this article, you will learn how to send a Word document as the body of the email using C++.
- C++ APIs for Sending Word Documents In Email Body
- Sending a Word Document in an Email Body using C++
C++ APIs for Sending Word Documents In Email Body
In order to send a Word document in an email body, we will use the Aspose.Words for C++ and Aspose.Email for C++ APIs. The former allows you to generate, modify and convert Microsoft Word files. Whereas the latter allows you to create, manipulate, and convert Outlook files. We will use Aspose.Words for C++ API to convert the Word document to MHTML format and Aspose.Email for C++ API to generate and send the email. You can either install the APIs through NuGet or download them directly from the Downloads section.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Words.Cpp PM> Install-Package Aspose.Email.Cpp
Sending a Word Document in an Email Body using C++
The following are the steps to send a Word document in an email body:
- Load the Word document using the Aspose::Words::Document class.
- Create an instance of the MemoryStream class.
- Save the Word document to the MemoryStream in MHTML format.
- Create an instance of the Aspose::Email::MailMessage class using the MHTML saved in the MemoryStream.
- Set To, From, and Subject of the email.
- Create an instance of the Aspose::Email::Clients::Smtp::SmtpClient class.
- Set the Host, Username, Password, Port, and Security Options.
- Send the email message using the SmtpClient->Send(System::SharedPtr<MailMessage> message) method.
The following sample code shows how to send a Word document as the body of an email using C++.
Get a Free License
You can try the API without evaluation limitations by requesting a free temporary license.
In this article, you have learned how to send a Word document in an email body using C++. To summarize, you learned how to convert a Word document to MHTML format using Aspose.Words for C++ API and how to send MHTML as an email using Aspose.Email for C++ API. Both of these APIs provide numerous features for working with MS Word and email files. You can explore these APIs in detail by visiting their official documentation. In case of any questions, please feel free to reach us on our free support forum.