JSON is a well-known and widely used format to keep and share structured data. Often, it is used to transmit data between different types of applications. CSV, on the other hand, is also used to store the data in a comma separated format. In certain cases, you may need to import data from JSON files to CSV programmatically in Python applications. Therefore, in this article, you will learn how to convert JSON data to CSV in Python.
- Python JSON to CSV Converter - Free Download
- Steps to Convert JSON Data to in Python
- Convert JSON Data or File to CSV
Python JSON to CSV Converter - Free Download
In order to convert JSON data to CSV format, we will use Aspose.Cells for Python via Java. It is a powerful API for creating, modifying, and converting spreadsheet files using Python. You can either download the API or install it using the following pip command.
pip install aspose-cells
Steps to Convert JSON Data to CSV in Python
Aspose.Cells provides a high-speed and high-fidelity conversion of JSON files to CSV format in Python. The following are the steps to save the JSON data in CSV format using the API.
- Create a new Excel workbook and select the desired worksheet.
- Import Data from JSON to Excel worksheet.
- Save Excel workbook in CSV format.
Now, let’s have a look at how to perform these steps for JSON to CSV conversion using Python code.
Convert JSON to CSV in Python
The following are the steps to convert JSON data to CSV format using Python.
- Create a new Workbook object.
- Get reference of the first worksheet using Workbook.getWorksheets().get(0) method.
- Create an object of JsonLayoutOptions class to set additional options.
- Import data from JSON to CSV using JsonUtility.importData() method.
- Save the CSV file using Workbook.save(string, SaveFormat.CSV) method.
The following code sample shows how to convert JSON data to CSV format.
The following is the JSON data that we used in the above code sample.
The following is the converted CSV file.
JSON to CSV Python Converter - Get a Free License
Get a temporary license and use Aspose.Cells for Python via Java without evaluation limitations.
JSON and CSV files are widely used to store and transmit the data. In accordance with that, this article covered how to convert JSON data to CSV using Python. Furthermore, you can also explore Aspose.Cells for Python via Java using the documentation. Also, you can ask your questions via our forum.