Images are often designed using Photoshop application. The output files are in the PSD format that can be opened or edited with a few programs. So you might need to convert a PSD file to a TIFF image programmatically using Java. The following sections explain the PSD conversion:
- PSD to TIFF Image Converter – Java API Installation
- Convert PSD to TIFF Image Programmatically using Java
- Convert PSD to TIFF Image with Compression in Java
PSD to TIFF Image Converter – Java API Installation
Aspose.PSD for Java API can be used to process Photoshop and image formats programmatically in your applications. You can quickly set up the API by downloading the JAR file from the Downloads section or with the following configurations in pom.xml file of your project:
<repository> <id>AsposeJavaAPI</id> <name>Aspose Java API</name> <url>http://repository.aspose.com/repo/</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.aspose</groupId> <artifactId>aspose-psd</artifactId> <version>21.7</version> <classifier>jdk16</classifier> </dependency>
Convert PSD to TIFF Image Programmatically using Java
You can convert a PSD file to a TIFF image with the following steps:
- Load an existing PSD image using the Image class.
- Create an instance of TiffOptions class.
- Convert the PSD file to TIFF image with the Save method.
The following code shows how to convert a PSD file to a TIFF image programmatically using Java:
Convert PSD to TIFF Image with Compression in Java
You can convert a PSD file to a TIFF image with advanced options. Different options for specifying the compression type, bits per sample, etc. are exposed by the TiffOptions class. Please follow the steps below for converting a PSD file to TIFF with compression:
- Load a PSD file as an image and cast it into PsdImage object.
- Create an instance of TiffOptions for the resultant image.
- Set BitsPerSample, Compression, Photometric mode and graycale palette.
- Save output TIFF image with compression.
The following code explains how to convert a PSD file to a TIFF image with compression using Java:
Get Free Evaluation License
You can request a Free Evaluation License to test the API in its full capacity.
In this article, you have learned how to convert a PSD file to a TIFF image. You can also perform image compression while rendering the TIFF image programmatically using Java. Moreover, please refer to API Documentation to explore several other features of the API. In case of any concerns, please feel free to contact us via the Free Support Forum.