STL files contain 3-dimensional geometrical information about 3D objects. They are frequently used to model 3D objects or computer-aided manufacturing. You can convert an STL file to FBX or GLB (Binary glTF) file with C#. Please check out the following headings for more details:
- STL to FBX or glTF GLB File Converter – C# API Installation
- Convert STL to FBX File Programmatically using C#
- Convert STL to glTF GLB File Programmatically in C#
STL to FBX or glTF GLB File Converter – C# API Installation
Aspose.3D for .NET API can be used to create, edit, or manipulate STL, FBX, glTF, GLB, and several other file formats. You can download the DLL file from the New Releases section, or use the following NuGet installation command in Visual Studio IDE:
PM> Install-Package Aspose.3D
Convert STL to FBX File with C#
You can convert an STL file to an FBX file with the following steps:
- Declare an instance of Scene class.
- Load the source STL file with the Open method.
- Set the output type for the FBX file.
- Save the output FBX file.
The following code snippet shows how to convert an STL file to an FBX file with C#:
Convert STL to glTF GLB File Programmatically in C#
You can convert an STL file to GLB (binary glTF) file with the below steps:
- Load input STL file with Scene class.
- Set the output file format as GLB.
- Save output GLB file.
The code snippet below explains how to convert an STL file to a GLB Binary glTF file programmatically with C#:
Get Free Temporary License
You can request a free temporary license to test the API in full capacity without any limitations.
In conclusion, you have explored how to convert an STL file to an FBX or GLB binary glTF file with C# in .NET applications. You can check out many other features of the API by taking a look at the documentation. In case of any inquiries, please feel free to contact us at the free support forum.