Excel files are commonly used to keep and organize small as well as large-sized data. Moreover, you can perform various operations on the data stored in Excel worksheets. In certain cases, you may need to convert the Excel files to other formats, for example, to embed their content within the web applications. For such cases, this article covers how to convert Excel XLS and XLSX to SVG in Java.
- Java Excel to SVG Converter - Free Download
- Steps to Convert XLS to SVG in Java
- Convert Excel File to SVG in Java
Java Excel XLS to SVG Converter - Free Download
To convert Excel XLSX or XLS files to SVG, we will use Aspose.Cells for Java. It is a powerful API for creating, modifying, and converting spreadsheet files from within Java applications. You can either download the API or install it using the following Maven configurations.
<repository> <id>AsposeJavaAPI</id> <name>Aspose Java API</name> <url>https://repository.aspose.com/repo/</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.aspose</groupId> <artifactId>aspose-cells</artifactId> <version>22.8</version> </dependency>
Steps to Convert Excel XLS to SVG in Java
Using Aspose.Cells for Java, you can easily convert an Excel file to SVG within a few steps. This is how you can convert an XLS or XLSX file to SVG.
- Load the Excel file from the disk.
- Loop through worksheets or select the desired worksheet.
- Render sheet(s) as SVG image(s) and save to the desired location.
The following section demonstrates how to convert an Excel file to SVG in Java.
Convert Excel XLSX to SVG in Java
The following are the steps to convert an Excel file to SVG in Java.
- First, load the Excel file using Workbook class.
- Then, select the desired worksheet or loop through all the worksheets in WorksheetsCollection.
- Create an object of ImageOrPrintOptions class and set rendering options.
- Create an object of SheetRenderer class for the worksheet.
- Finally, convert Excel sheet(s) to SVG image(s) using SheetRenderer.toImage(int, String) method.
The following Java code sample shows how to convert an Excel XLSX to SVG.
Java XLS to SVG Converter - Get a Free License
Get a free temporary license and convert Excel files to SVG without evaluation limitations.
Excel to SVG Java Converter - Explore More
You can explore other features of Aspose.Cells for Java using the documentation. Also, you may visit the API references to learn about the classes and methods exposed by the API. In case you would have any questions, ask us via our forum.
In this article, you have learned how to convert Excel XLSX or XLS files to SVG in Java. You can perform this conversion to embed the content of the Excel worksheets into your applications.