Thunderbird is an open-source email client that allows you to get messages from more than one email servers. Thus, you can manage emails from multiple accounts in a single place. In certain cases, you may need to access email messages from Thunderbird programmatically. Furthermore, you may have to write new messages on Thunderbird. In this article, you will learn how to write and read messages on Thunderbird storage in Python.
- Python Library to Write and Read Messages on Thunderbird
- Write Messages on Thunderbird Storage
- Read Messages from Thunderbird Storage
Python Library to Write and Read Messages on Thunderbird Storage
To write and read email messages on Thunderbird storage, we will use Aspose.Email for Python via .NET. It is a powerful library that lets you create and send emails and work with popular email clients such as Thunderbird, Outlook, etc. You can install the library from PyPI using the following command.
> pip install Aspose.Email-for-Python-via-NET
Write a Message on Thunderbird Storage in Python
You can create new messages and store them on Thunderbird’s storage within a few steps using Aspose.Email for Python. The following are the steps to perform this operation.
- Create an instance of MboxrdStorageWriter and initialize it with the file name.
- Create a new MailMessage and set its properties.
- Write message to storage using MboxrdStorageWriter.write_message(MailMessage) method.
- Dispose of the writer.
The following code sample shows how to write a message to Thunderbird storage in Python.
Read Messages from Thunderbird Storage in Python
To read the messages from Thunderbird storage, we need to load the storage file using MboxrdStorageReader class. The following are the steps to read messages from Thunderbird in Python.
- Create an instance of MboxrdStorageReader to read the storage file.
- Read first message using MboxrdStorageReader.read_next_message() method.
- Start a loop to iterate through all the messages.
- Read each message and save it on disk if required.
- Dispose of the reader at the end.
The following code sample shows how to read messages from Thunderbird storage in Python.
Get a Free API License
You can use Aspose.Email for Python via .NET by getting a free temporary license.
Thunderbird is an amazing email client application to configure multiple email accounts at a single location. In this article, you have learned how to write messages to Thunderbird storage in Python. Moreover, you have seen how to read messages from Thunderbird storage programmatically. Besides, you can visit the documentation to explore other features of Aspose.Email for Python. In case you would have any questions, you can post to our forum.