You can convert an image to an Excel file with optical character recognition programmatically in Java. You can load the input image from the disk or URI address and then recognize text to create XLSX or XLS file.
- Image to Excel Converter – Java API Installation
- Convert Image to Excel with OCR using Java
- Convert Online Image using URI to Excel with OCR in Java
Image to Excel Converter – Java API Installation
You can convert images to Excel using Aspose.OCR for Java API. Load an input file as JPG, PNG, BMP, or other formats and recognize the text for saving the output Excel file. Please download the JAR file from New Releases or use the below configurations in the pom.xml file of your Maven-based project:
<repository> <id>AsposeJavaAPI</id> <name>Aspose Java API</name> <url>http://repository.aspose.com/repo/</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.aspose</groupId> <artifactId>aspose-ocr</artifactId> <version>21.12</version> </dependency>
Convert Image to Excel with OCR using Java
You can convert an image to an Excel file with the following steps:
- Initialize an instance of AsposeOcr class.
- Create an instance of RecognitionSettings class object.
- Recognize the input image with RecognizePage method.
- Finally, save the output as an Excel file.
The following code demonstrates how to convert an image to an Excel file using Java:
Convert Online Image using URI to Excel with OCR in Java
You can convert an online image to an Excel file with the OCR feature by following the steps below:
- Firstly, create an object of AsposeOcr class.
- Initialize an instance of RecognitionSettings class.
- Recognize image with OCR using the RecognizePage method.
- Save the output file in XLSX or XLS format.
The following code snippet explains how to convert an online image with OCR in Java:
Get Free API License
You can evaluate the API features in full capacity by requesting a free temporary license.
In this article, you have learned how to convert an image from a local file or from an online URI to an Excel file with OCR programmatically in Java. You can automate this process for recognizing multiple images from a folder as well as using parallel processing as per your requirements. Please visit the documentation to explore other features. Moreover, please feel free to get in touch with us at the forum.