Happy New Year!
Hello! My name is Danny Cooper and I am a member of the business team here at Aspose. I am located in Texas, and I oversee our North American business operations. For the many members of our audience I have not previously met, I’m glad to meet you.
We, Aspose, have a lot of exciting things planned this year, and one of those things is livening up a bit. By that I mean becoming more personable. Last month my colleague John Owens wrote in this section. He’s located in Scotland and oversees our European business operations. He and I will share this section of the newsletter, alternating month-to-month.
Outside of the newsletter, you’ll also begin seeing Aspose more in the social media community. We’ve been slow to reach out in this way, but this year we’re focused on doing better. We want to keep in touch and interact with you, our customers and friends.
Another exciting thing I get to announce is a new partnership with Perpetuum Software. Their Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services now offers direct support for Aspose rendering extensions. If you use our products you can receive a nice discount on Perpetuum’s viewer. You can find out more information on that below.
Lastly, before I close, I want to remind everyone about the “25% off Aspose.Total special” we have going on. The special will close after January 31st so if you have interest please be sure to take advantage while there is still plenty of time.
I sincerely thank you for your interest in our products, and for reading our newsletter. I look forward to visiting with you more soon.
Danny Cooper, Aspose Texas Team Leader
Aspose and Perpetuum Software work together
Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services is the first product on the market which provides the ability to view Reporting Services reports in Silverlight applications. It is a native Silverlight control that easily integrates into any Silverlight application. Use the whole set of features available in a classical desktop applications, including dynamic scaling and smooth panning with animation, interactive sorting, search and more.
To celebrate the partnership between Aspose and Perpetuum Software, Perpetuum are offering Aspose customers 25% off Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services throughout January and February 2011. To claim your discount, email Aspose.
Product Spotlight – Aspose.Total for SSRS
Microsoft SQL Server offers very special challenges to developers. To help you convert reports to common business document formats without losing fidelity, we have produced rendering extensions for Reporting Services. The total package of all extensions for Reporting Services gives you robust extensions for working with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation formats as well as including rendering bar codes, saving PDF files and turning reports into SWF or FLV files.
Aspose.Total for SSRS includes Aspose.Words, Aspose.Slides, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.BarCode and Aspose.Flash for Reporting Services. Most extensions work with Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 Reporting Services as well as Report Viewer. (Find out more online.)
Technical Article – Display barcodes on dataset-based reports
Barcodes are useful in document management. Aspose.BarCode for SSRS extends SSRS’s functionality to include adding barcodes to reports. The location and appearance of the barcode can be controlled easily to fit with the layout of current reports. This technical article shows how easy it is to display a barcode in dataset-based report. Read the article.
Tutorial Video – Integrate Aspose.Cells for SSRS with Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 Report Designer
Aspose.Cells makes it possible for developers to deliver native MS Excel reports from SSRS. It lets you read, write and manipulate files from within your own applications without Microsoft automation of Excel. This video tutorial shows how to integrate Aspose.Cells for SSRS with Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 Report Designer manually. The tutorial will have you set up in less than two minutes. Watch the tutorial.
Migration Tip – Adding a picture frame with animation in a presentation using Aspose.Slides
Aspose.Slides for .NET lets you manipulate presentations and add images, frames and animations programatically. The resulting code is clean, efficient and easy to read. This migration tip shows how to place a picture with a frame in a PowerPoint presentation and add animation to it using Visual Studio Tools for Office Automation 2008 compared to Aspose.Slides. We hope you will agree that Aspose.Slides makes the process easy. Read the migration tip.
New Releases and Updates
- Aspose.Total for .NET 5.1.0 - brings together all the latest .NET components and updates into one package.
- Aspose.Total for Java 1.7.1 - brings together all the latest .NET components and updates into one package.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services - brings together all the latest .NET components and updates into one package.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports - brings together all the latest .NET components and updates into one package.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.2.0 - adds support for digital signatures, better pivot table support and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 4.8.0 - takes the BindOf feature out of Beta and adds a number of improvements and fixes.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.0 - introduces PPT to PPTX conversion and a number of improvements.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 3.7.0 - adds RM4SCC and VIN barcode generation, saving as EMF and a class for AustraliaPost barcode recognition.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 3.5.0 - adds features for accessing certain flags in MS Project 2007 MPP files and reading 2010 MPP files saves as 2007 or 2003 MPP files.
- Aspose.Network for .NET 5.9.0 - introduces support for Twitter and a number of other useful features and fixes.
- Aspose.Flash for .NET 3.4.0 - improves rendering, font management and text replacement.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 2.4.3 - adds support for theme colours, chart and shape export to HTML, different footers and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java 3.6.0 - adds support for highlighting text and fixes issues.
- Aspose.BarCode for Java 2.4.0 - improves the acquisition of barcode region and adds other features and fixes.
- Aspose.Metafiles for Java 1.7.1 - hotfix to improve licence handling.
- Aspose.Report for Java 2.1.2 - hotfix to improve chart creation.
- Aspose.Network for Java 2.0.0 - adds support for PST files.
- Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 3.4.0 - adds support for SSRS 2008 R2 and improved support for some Tablix and Gauge report items.
- Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 1.6.0 - adds support for Excel 2007 and ODS files with digital signatures.
- Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.7.0 - adds enhanced support for SSRS 2008 R2 and several fixes.
- Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 1.9.0 - adds improved justification and alignment features.
- Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services 2.4.0 - adds VIN barcode generation and support for EMF files.